Orbitz Expanded

dub: to get the forum default skin sorted I had to jiggle em around a little.

When is the Orbitz skin gonna be just as fast as the Ekko skin? I really don't like Orbitz, when I scroll down in it, it goes really shocky and slow.
btw, when the forums where upgraded, and Ekko was the only one available, it was really, really fast, now it's getting slow again in loading times (but not as slow as Orbitz), any idea why?

That (the slownes) was a glitch that should be fixed now ;)

i see almost no difference in speed. ekko is a tad faster, but orbitz is so purty.

(curses blue, hopes next skin is a dark olive green or pale diareah green)

Nope, still slow. (In Firebird as well as in IE6). A Ctrl+F5 (forced refresh/non-cache refresh) didn't help.

Not the scrolling. The site speed. Server load was over 50% earlier, that's been fixed. I honestly don't know why Orbitz lags when it's scrolled, but I dont think that there's anything that can be done about it either.

what kind of computer are you on?

im on a 550mhz 356 pc133 sdram. tnt2 nvidia video card, and it doesnt lag for me when i scroll up and down.

I've just switched to Orbitz and there's no lagging. Sometimes there is, others there aren't. It's a strange issue :)

OK, SPeedY_B, sorry for the misunderstanding. Glad that's sorted.
Now the scrolling:

Originally posted by dubstar
what kind of computer are you on?

im on a 550mhz 356 pc133 sdram. tnt2 nvidia video card, and it doesnt lag for me when i scroll up and down.
Pentium III 800 MHz, 256 MB SD-RAM, Geforce 3 Ti200 videocard :D. Just for clarification: Orbitz (the white theme) doesn't lag for you when scrolling up and down? Very strange.
I just did some tests with Perfomance Monitor and when I am on Orbitz, the scrolling takes 60-100% (normal scrolling and really fast up and down scrolling) of my CPU power and on Ekko it is from 45% to 85% of my CPU power. I did this test both in IE6 and in Firebird and the differences between the browsers where neglectible.
Explanation?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back