Operation flashpoint online lag???

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by eduardyhc, Mar 21, 2002.

1. eduardyhc

eduardyhc Guest

Hi there,

my problem is: when I run operation flashpoint (ofp) on my xp-machine, the machine acts like it's some sort of pentium 1. the gameplay is very slow (shocky). the problem is, as soon as I play a single mission, or when I'm in the mission editor previewing a mission, the game runs like it should run: perfectly smooth.

since I play this game only online, this bothers me very much.

note: I played ofp on the same computer but then under win98se and I NEVER experienced these problems.

Here are my specs:

amd 800
    512 mb ram
    40 gb hard-disk (udma 100)
    I use an ABIT kt7a motherboard

I use windows xp professional

this is the first time I experience a problem with windows xp (although other online games have more or less the same problem: counterstrike and soldier of fortune work, but not as smooth as they should)

I'm almost sure there must be a 'cure' for this problem...

PLEASE HELP ME!!!! ;)

2. waddy

waddy OSNN Senior Addict

The first thing to check, is what you have running in the background using CPU and memory processes.

Shutdown as many as possible and see if that helps.

You can also asign more CPU priority to the game but i wouldnt go down that road yet :p
  3. eduardyhc

eduardyhc Guest

Thanks for the tip, only it doesn't work.

u c: the problem is that ofp runs very smooth as long as I don't play any online mission. As soon as I play online things slow down horribly (and I have an adsl-connection, so that can't be the problem)

4. eduardyhc

eduardyhc Guest