opera master password lost

Discussion in 'Windows Applications' started by Mainframeguy, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

Well - it may not be - can anyone advise the Opera restrictions on password, like length and spcial char stuff? Then maybe I can remember it....

alternatively should that fail - anyone know a reset or similar or should I just rip the thing out and go again?

2. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

You might have to take it out and put it back in again ...

3. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

if the password area has those little arister thingys you can see under those with a program I posted a while ago, forgot the name of it though

4. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

I just had to put opera back in myself. For some reason it quit allowing me to post anything on here. I think it was an extension or something that I installed... It is working great now.

As for the master password, I don't really use one. The constant pop up wanting me to put it in was driving me nuts...

Something else that is annoying is that at time when I go to a page and try to go back, it automatically redirects right back to the page ... Is there any way I can stop that?

5. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

You could give this a try as it should recover in trail mode part of your passwords, not sure about the master password since I don't use it.

Opera Password Recovery

Otherwise there are a lot things in google about reseting the master password in opera

6. Mainframeguy

Many thanks guys - OSNN seems to be a little livelier, at least if this thread is any indication!

I've actually made a post on the Opera forum - if I get useful intel there I shall post it back here if time...

7. Mainframeguy

now I have simply remembered the password I believe... But I am for sure unable to figure out the complex way Opera handles this stuff.... may revert to FFox just for simplicities sake although I like many other features of Opera....

8. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

ha!

I remember passwords weeks after I needed it