opera - 9.52. Testing it again .. Feedback ..

they made the browser intirely free, it's definately the fastest browser of the three but I am having trouble with comfort, I hate the gray side panel and usually go back to ie

You can customize the whole layout if you choose to do so.

I'll try and post a screenshot when I get home of FF and Opera to demonstrate what they look like on my screen :)

I get them, lord. The page keeps refreshing itself, and that is when it does it the most ..

Here are the side by side comparo's of my browsers.

:D

You can customize your toolbars so basically just keep the icons you want, move some others, select only the bars I needed and move things around within them and voila.

As far as the tabs go, I introduced multiple blank ones to push the first tab button to the right and then resized the bookmarks thinger to match and line up.

Wrt firefox, I just moved things around till I was happy and installed the all-in-one bookmarks extension.

-edit- including screenshot from the APPEARANCE option under Tools.

Attachments

• opera toolbars.jpg
    opera toolbars.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 101
You can customize your toolbars so basically just keep the icons you want, move some others, select only the bars I needed and move things around within them and voila.

As far as the tabs go, I introduced multiple blank ones to push the first tab button to the right and then resized the bookmarks thinger to match and line up.

Wrt firefox, I just moved things around till I was happy and installed the all-in-one bookmarks extension.

-edit- including screenshot from the APPEARANCE option under Tools.
how'd you get the favorites sweet white?

It's the theme I am using I guess.

It is the Dimple theme fyi.

can you opera guys help me out?

first, I can't get osnn to view right as you see on my screeny in a post above

second, I can't get java to work right on a the site www.firedoglake.com

if you go to that site and enter one of the threads you'll see a "show text" button, this is supposed to show a quote that is being referanced but it doesn't work in opera, it works in firefox and ie

maybe something can be changed to make that work but I can't figure out what, as I said, I enabled everything in tools, nothing did the trick

sazar, since you know the most about this browser you should probably start an opera support thread and stick it, this is definately the fastest browser and now that it's free we should help it get legs

I'd like to know how to get opera to load the favicons, that will help with the gray cuz the theme thing didn't work for me

maybe if the default favicon was that red opera hallmark that would be fine too

I honestly don't know that much about the browser amigo. I have just been able to search for the items I wanted to modify and get the browser to do what I wanted to simply by googling the info :)

Let's see if we can get another user who has more experience than me to jump on here.

I honestly don't know that much about the browser amigo. I have just been able to search for the items I wanted to modify and get the browser to do what I wanted to simply by googling the info :)

Let's see if we can get another user who has more experience than me to jump on here.
I can't find the "profiles" folder, the favicons are there but I cannot find it in the browser or in program files on the disk, anyone know how to get to that folder?

Usually when I reach a site that is not working right; I find that if you change the browser to identify itself as either firefox or IE seems to help it out a little ....

Usually when I reach a site that is not working right; I find that if you change the browser to identify itself as either firefox or IE seems to help it out a little ....
will give that a go johnny, do favicons show properly on your opera?

the sites that have them show pretty good, perris ... I don't really pay that much attention to the favicons though. I hardly ever see them to worry about them.

According to the guys at Opera, refreshing the bookmakrs should get the favicons to load.
The place to find the data is \AppData\Local\Opera\Opera\profile or \Local Settings\Application Data\...)

As far as Firedoglake, I have no idea what you are not seeing, as the site looks ok to me, but I have not looked at it in another browser.

as for OSNN goto tools >quick preferences> edit site preferences>network and mask as IE. refresh the site and it should be ok.

According to the guys at Opera, refreshing the bookmakrs should get the favicons to load.
The place to find the data is \AppData\Local\Opera\Opera\profile or \Local Settings\Application Data\...)

As far as Firedoglake, I have no idea what you are not seeing, as the site looks ok to me, but I have not looked at it in another browser.

as for OSNN goto tools >quick preferences> edit site preferences>network and mask as IE. refresh the site and it should be ok.
go to that site useing ie and enter a thread, then go to a post where someone is referring to to another post, there will be "show text", hit that and the quote appears

also, if you start an opera support thread I'll give it a sticky

how do you refresh the bookmarks?

[edit]

spoofing does not help me here at osnn, still not useable here

To refresh the bookmarks visit the site. Perris can you give a full screen? That little bit I can't tell if it is a font problem or something else. Can you go to preferences> advanced>fonts and tell me your default size?

If I start an Opera support thread can all these be merged into that thread?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back