OOPS No C Drive

W

wyse_tech2000

:confused: :( Hello all... i am using XP pro with few problems.
Now for the big BUT!........when I log on after a reboot and opening MY COMPUTER , all get is a searching flashlight.
After 3 to four minutes, C:/drive appears with no problems.
Any Ideas?
Wyse>>>

what kind of machine?

whats your stats ?? I used to run xp on a slower puter did so for about a year, until I built this one I am on now, if you have a slower machine not so much ram , what your talking about happenes , xp needs a good cpu and lots of juicy ram , I have 384mb right now getting another 256mb real soon more ram the better ...............

Thanx Kirmit: I don't think my system is a problem...P4......1.7gh.........512mg of rambus.

mmmmmmmm NOPE

lol nope not that then , just without knowing what you had could not say ...... well thats a bummer for you :(

not sure what might be the cause here... mines as fast as light
and I am not as high on the food chain as you lolol

Nope that ain't your problem. Go to services & turn off the workstation if you don't need it.
Administative tools/computer management/services & applications.

Might be worth doing a repair install

boot from the cd
Enter - for setup
F8 - I agree
R - repair option

it takes about 30 mins & you'll need your volume key
leaves all your programs & shortcuts intact

To make your XP up to date
do a repair with a bootable XP slip streamed SP1 CD
fairly simple to do just follow these instructions
http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?object=article.cfm&id=160

smokin[1].gif

i'd recommend doing a thorough virus sweep on your system. the nimda virus causes a general system slowdown. this may be the cause of your problems.

i had a similar thing happen to me. everytime i did a right click on the start button and tried to explore, it took about 10 seconds for all the drives to display.

after running a free virus scan i located on the net, it found 5 instances of the nimda virus.

Thanx for everyone who tried to help.
> no virus was found koko
> this is a fresh install twoZigzagcolt45
I still have the flashlight for 5 min. after boot up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back