Online Shopping

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Hipster Doofus, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

This is for my own security, peace of mind.

Has anyone ever shopped here before?

I am after an Intel Pentium IV 2.6GHz 478Pin 512K Cache 400MHz FSB Processor & this seems the only place where I can get one.

It's got a long way to get to me.

2. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

3. Hipster Doofus

Didn't have one. :( Thanx anyway

4. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

/me points out how he's from "Melbourne Australia" and how newegg only ships US

5. Hipster Doofus

Well now I really happy they didn't have one. :D

w00t w00t

6. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

Exactly. lol
    Sometimes people don't bother looking at member locations and just spit out what seems to be the best place to shop online. It's good to know that there's a good place to shop, but as mentioned above, shipping is always a problem to a majority of the forum members.
    :(

Wish they shipped to the UK... would be much cheaper paying the shipping fees than to purchase one from a UK retailer. lol :p :D

7. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Not once you pay the import tax it isn't ;)

Can't say I've heard of that company before, so I can't vouch for them Hipster.

8. Hipster Doofus

Found a place in the States that has what I want.......I think. TigerDirect. Hope this all works out.

9. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

cant find one elsewere :/ closist i have found is a 2Ghtz version.

10. Hipster Doofus

Damn thing is like gold. Can't find it anywhere in Australia. Only the 2.0ghz. :(
    Thanx for looking. :)

11. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

glad to see you found a site :cool:

12. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

/me thinks everyone should move to the USA... best place to get .... stuff

13. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Just ask for the US retailers to mark the package as "Gift" instead of "Merchandise". Save some money. I had a retailer in Hong Kong do that for me.

:D

14. Hipster Doofus

Well this is one experience I don't want to go thru again.

Although they do international orders it is still geared towars the States. I got an email wanting confirmation, called the number & ended up somewhere here in Melbourne. The numbers weren't even close. It also seems Australia has disappeared off the shipping address & it is going to FN wherever that is.

Never again. What a royal pain in the butt.

15. Hipster Doofus

After all this time I eneded up at eBay of all places. I'm a first timer there.

Just got myself a new oem p4 2.5ghz 400mhz for US$148 total.

Hopefully early next week it should arrive. :)

16. tdinc

tdinc █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User

pricewatch.com :)

best place to check for prices

?should this post be moved, I dont think it really pertains to "windows security"

17. Hipster Doofus

Finally got the new cpu. Took aound half an hour to install & is running great.

Hurray for eBay. :D

18. Hipster Doofus

Check this out for an URL>>>>This is where I ended up when paying for something using paypal. :eek: [link has been altered] :p

[urlhttps://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?amount=144.00&return=https%3A//esaitech.sslpowered.com/checkout_process.php%3FRESULT%3D0%26tid%3D177%3FosCsid%3D3ae3f39d9fd6e2da57e70ebf1037794d&shipping=34.00&currency_code=USD&item_name=SAITECH+INCORPORATION&custom=177&USER1=1343&USER2=1560&USER3=Verisign&USER5=1560&USER8=1469&USER9=SAITECH+INCORPORATION%0D%0A------------------------------------------------------%0D%0AOrder+Number%3A+1469%0D%0ADetailed+Invoice%3A+https%3A//esaitech.sslpowered.com/account_history_info.php%3Forder_id%3D1469%0D%0ADate+Ordered%3A+Saturday+14+August%2C+2004%0D%0A%0D%0AProducts%0D%0A------------------------------------------------------%0D%0A1+x+INTEL+PENTIUM+IV+2.6GHZ+400MHz+478+PIN+%28SL6PP%29+%3D+%24144.00%0D%0A------------------------------------------------------%0D%0ASub-Total%3A+%24144.00%0D%0AFedex+International+Economy+%28FedEx+International+Economy%29%3A+%2434.00%0D%0ATotal%3A+%24178.00%0D%0A%0D%0ADelivery+Address%0D%0A------------------------------------------------------%0D%0AHipster+Doofus%0D%0A2+Green+Dr%0D%0ACarumba%2C+3000%0D%0AVictoria%2C+Australia%0D%0A%0D%0ABilling+Address%0D%0A------------------------------------------------------%0D%0AHipster+Doofus%0D%0A2+Green+Dr%0D%0ACarumba%2C+3000%0D%0AVictoria%2C+Australia%0D%0APhone+%3A+03+00000000%0D%0A%0D%0AE-Mail%3A+xpontology%40Phreaker.net%0D%0A%0D%0APayment+Method%0D%0A------------------------------------------------------%0D%0APayPal&business=sam%40saitekinc.com&cancel_return=https%3A//esaitech.sslpowered.com/checkout_process.php%3FRESULT%3D1%26tid%3D177%3FosCsid%3D3ae3f39d9fd6e2da57e70ebf1037794d&cmd=_xclick/url]

Try typing that from memory. :D

Anyone done business with these guys?

19. Hipster Doofus

[edit]link has been altered but not lenghthened[/edit]

Hey where's my EDIT button gone?

[edit edit]hahahahahahahaarTry scrolling ya doofus[/edit /edit]

20. napalmnthemorning

napalmnthemorning Moderator

I bought my PC on Ebay from Zuke Computer
    http://stores.ebay.com/Zuke-Computer
    http://app.infopia.com/Shop/Control/fp/SFV/8516
    for $650 and I added the monitor, video card and more hard drive for about $900. They did a real good job and I was happy with them. Give Arvid a call, Hell of a guy. They are based out of Illisnois which doesn't help most of you guys that are in the UK.

For blank CD/DVD I shop online with http://www.shop4tech.com/
    Really good prices. I bought 100 blank CD's (good quality I felt) for $20.00 and if I would of bought them at BestBuy (A BIG computer electronics store here in US) it would of cost at least $30.00.