Online PC Repair

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by wyse_tech2000, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Hello Friends:
    I recently purchased a one week subscription to a PC repair service ,you know the ones that scan your operating system online for problems.
    After it scans and finds multiple problems you purchase the online repair.
    Seems to me that after it found multiple problems it only took a matter of seconds to repair all 12 file problems. Of course I found no difference in my Computer after the repair.
    Anyone else try this service or is it a another internet RIP off?

P4 1.7ghtz
    512Megs Rambus
    Intel Chipset
    G-force2 MX
    Soundblaster Live 5.1
    Win.XP Pro
    LG Cd Rom And Writer
    TTX17 in. Monitor
    Altec-Lansing Speakers
    Maxtor 40GIG

2. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

PC PitStop is a free service, not sure if it's the same thing since you didn't post a link

3. Thanx for the quick reply.
    Ya know I felt so ripped off that I uninstalled the service and wiped it out of the registry and can't remember the exact name.

It's like PC Doctor.

I'm sure they will send me more spam.

4. zyfos

zyfos Resurrected

I prefer stuff like that to be done by a program on MY computer. That way I'm not streaming all my computer data over the internet. Besides, you could probably find some freeware utility programs that could do pretty much the same thing.

5. Doxtr111

Doxtr111 Guest

I don't know anyone that hasn't found out (the expensive way) that these forums usually provide just about anything a user needs....for free. Been there, done that!

6. Un4gIvEn1

Un4gIvEn1 Moderator

I don't like the idea of any program "fixing" my computer. If I didn't know how to do it myself I would probably just take it to someone to make sure it was done right.