On page load, play mp3

sean.ferguson

OSNN Veteran Addict
how do i get a php page to play a locally stored mp3 (/public_html/this.mp3) once the page has loaded? I would also need a start & stop button.. but rather than buttons just simple text links is what i want. The start button will only be used to restart the mp3 after you have already pressed the 'stop' button. If you get what i mean :p
-----------------------
[mp3] [start] [stop]

Could be done with the <PARAM> and <OBJECT> HTML thingy, but don't ask me how... The buttons would require an ActiveX control thingy, but that would only work for IE, since only IE is the only browser supporting ActiveX

The only way I could think to do it would be to call an external application such as Quicktime, Windows Media Player or even Real One player (not sure if that will handle mp3 when embedded?) then use the controls from that.

I remember seeing a Dutch newssite, with video-popups, which had play/pause and stop buttons in imageform and they worked with my FireFox. But they now use a new system, which only uses the standard play controls from embedded WMP.

why would you want to embed mp3 into a page? background music is intensley annoying from my perspective - I'd much rather have a link to said mp3 to download should I desire than have it forced upon me.

if you're dead set on doing it though it might eb easier to put it into a flash thingie that has buttons to start/stop/rewind/fastforward/pause/play buttons on it

you could move to more advanced things from there

yeah I agree with LordOfLA as well, I like to browse with my own music not someone elses

If i hear someone elses music the webpage gets closed faster tahn i can say "Crap"

When I used to run a Cricket website I used to have as an intro 'Soul Limbo midi' a.k.a. the music the BBC used for Cricket.

I got thousands of requests from non English/UK people for that midi.

I know what you mean about music on sites it's annoying, the worst I came across was Mario brothers just playing continually, my daughter just kept it playing loudly during her puter hour and refused to turn down the sound, now that was annoying.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back