OMG!! Please help: possible to salvage a laptop HDD using my desktop PC????

Oh sorry, my bad. It is an ISA. I have three boards with ISA slots, and soon getting more, I collect computer stuff, so as soon as I catch my onto my school working, going to fool around with that. Speaking of a laptop, something really really old, I may get one shortly ( I think I know how ) but, I want Windows 3.1. Any idea how I may get that? lol and yea, Mavis, I think it'll be ok. Allright, it's about 11 am, and I'm tired, so I'm going to go to sleep now. I'll come back later on to continue this :)

bye Taurus

Nick, have you tried the net, if not look there, It will still be under MS copywrite, but as they pulled the plug on support for that a while back and you cant buy it anymore I think it should be OK.

I am not sure, but I might have some Win 3.1 floppies at home, I will check for ya.

i remember throwing out my 3.11 disks when i got comfy with 98se... "won't need these ever again". it would be cool to get a copy of it to keep archived for no good reason whatsoever. }:>

Hey Mavic, let us know if everything works out.
Oh, and let us know how ya put the Lap Top out of it's misery, ie... Sledge Hammer, run over with Automobile, 3rd story Window, M-1000 (BIG A$$ FIRECRACKER [QUARTER STICK]), etc... :rolleyes: :D

Damn this thread has really gone off topic. :p

Maybe you guys should start a new thread in the "Other Operating Systems" section. Whatta ya think??? Hmmmm??? :D

I agree with you Gonnads....does anyone else want to start a thread on this else where? Or should we really confuse Mavis when he gets back " where has my laptop HD thread gone ??? "

Um...Gonnads is offline...well, he'll decide when he gets back...
ANYWAY :) :) :) I went through my closet, and found a set of Windows 3.11 floppies, however, none of them appear to work, and are kinda brownish. I have no idea I had them in the first place. Either way, they are dead. I wonder if anyone has any they could " share " with me. I doubt the file size is large. Oh and I phoned someone over this morning, and I think I'm going to be getting my hands on a 12 year old laptop. Less then 1MB memory, no idea what processor, and I am not even sure it it runs windows. Most likely going to get it next week. ( and yes, it works ) Going to have fun with it

hey nick...i had some old computer (don't know what it was, but it had ISA slots and a 2x2 cm big AMD processor in it..so i think it's really old) i took it apart, and ripped out the hdd, it's like 124 mb big, and still has windows 3.1 on it....could you do anything with it? it has standard IDE ports so i could hook it up.....let me know

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back