Old Game - Wheel of Time

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by lurker2100, Mar 11, 2003.

1. lurker2100

lurker2100 Guest

I'm trying to get an old game running on my new system. I never finished the game and would like to revisit it. The problem is that I can't get it to run. I've got WinXP Pro, AIW9700, 512MB of Ram, Cat. 3.1, DirextX9. I've installed the two patches listed on the Wheel of Time website. I've also tried contacting their tech support. They've been worthless. Anyone have any insights? Thanks in advance

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Can you explain 'can't get it to run' more fully? What happens. Have you tried compatibility mode?

3. lurker2100

lurker2100 Guest

Yup, sorry. Should've explained better. :D

When I try to run it I get an error like such:
    Wot.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

For more information about this error, click here.

Standard XP error.

I have tried compatibility mode with no luck.

4. Hipster Doofus

If the game has an option menu you can get too without using wot.exe try changing the video around.

5. lurker2100

lurker2100 Guest

Haven't been able to get even that far. There is a shortcut for a "safe mode" but that generates the same error.

6. lurker2100

lurker2100 Guest

Well I figured it out. Thanks for your help anyway. It was so stupid. It's a 2 disc game and if you try to load it with the first disc in, it generates that error message. So I blame them for crappy programming and me for not trying the 2nd disc sooner! :)

7. Hipster Doofus

Must have been too hard for them to get a box popping up saying 'insert disk 2'. :D