Ok big problem, need help please.

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Leaderz0rz, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Leaderz0rz

Leaderz0rz Wee

I bought a new soundcard becuase my Nforce2 onboard soundcard was messing up, i bought a santa cruz sandcound, I put it in, and installed the drivers, but I forgot to uninstall the nvidia nforce 2 audo drivers so i goto add/remove and click Nvidia nFORCE2 Audo Drivers, and uninstall them, instantly i get sound ok thats good, tells my to restart... ok... i restart get to the windows xp logo, it goes to boot to the the log on screen, and my screen goes black. i can log on and everything, but I can't see anything. I have no idea what to do, besides reinstalling windows.. which I really don't want to do. Machine Specs as follows:

Epox 8rda+ nFORCE2 motherboard, Radaeon 9700pro video card,
    I run Windows XP Pro.

2. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

Did you go into the BIOS and disable the onboard sound? If not, do that.

JJB

3. Leaderz0rz

Leaderz0rz Wee

only option i get in my bios that has anything to do with sound, is AC97 Audio [Auto or Disabled] and AC97 Speaker At POST [Enabled/Disabled] i've disabled them both and everything and still nothing. Do you think maybe when i uninstalled the audio driver somehow it took my video drivers with it?

4. Polypeptide

Polypeptide Guest

Boot into safe mode.

5. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

that should not happen...

do what polypeptide said and boot into safe mode and then check to see if your video drivers are loaded...

that is if you can even boot into safe mode...

6. Leaderz0rz

Leaderz0rz Wee

Ok good news, i can boot into safemode, going to see waht i can do to fix this, will keep you all posted, thanks for all the help so far, your guys are great =)

7. Leaderz0rz

Leaderz0rz Wee

ok can boot into safe mode...but thats it, i have uninstalled the santa cruz drivers, i put in my cd that came with my motherboard to install the nforce 2 drivers but it says cannot open c:\id.txt is that becuase i am in safe mode? i'm out of ideas now =(

8. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

you can't do a system restore ?

start > programs > accessories > system tools > system restore

9. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

sad part of this whole thing is if he has to format I bet his nforce sound works perfect after he does, which will mean he wasted money on a new sound card. :(

10. Leaderz0rz

Leaderz0rz Wee

well i've tried everything, i guess i am going to have format and reinstall... :cries:

11. Leaderz0rz

Leaderz0rz Wee

well i just did a reinstall of windows, and it fixed it, didn't have to format, so i don't know what the problem was, but oh well its fixed