Oh my god, I broke my iPod

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Evil Marge, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

I'm afraid I did something stupid today, I dropped my iPod Touch on a stone step as I left work and cracked the screen. Good news is it still works okay, I can't believe I did that :eek: :cry:

Attached Files:

• eek.jpg
      eek.jpg
      File size:
      169 KB
      Views:
    Dublex likes this.
  2. Dark Atheist

Dark Atheist Moderator Political User Folding Team

silly girl

3. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

Grats?

4. Gigabot

Gigabot OSNN Senior Addict

Now you have an excuse to get the new iPod Touch that is rumored to launch in September. ;)

5. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Zune hd tbh, although if they will make it Europe I can only cross my fingers ;s

6. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

Fingerprints, AHOY! lol

Seriously though..... i can't believe you don't seem to really ever clean that thing. I'm constantly wiping off the screen of my iPhone.... and i have the 3GS... which has that coating on it that helps cut down on fingerprints and kill/resist bacteria.

7. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

My daughter did the same thing with her iPhone yet it still worked until she could finally afford to replace it

8. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

doesn't your provider offer insurance?

9. Evil Marge

I won't be buying another one, I can't afford to and I didn't buy this one it was free with hubbys mobile phone contract. I couldn't bring myself to spend that amount of cash on a gadget if I did have it, thats way down the bottom of my list of things to buy. :speechless:

Seriously one photo tells you I never clean it? Finger prints were the last thing on my mind at the time, I was too busy trying to take pics and hold it in the correct light. Actually I get sick of wiping it all the time, it looks lovely and clean one minute then next thing you know there's huge swipe marks and stuff everywhere. I need a pointy stick to poke it with instead :laugh:

10. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

The anti-glare screen protector eliminates most finger prints. Which is why I use it :)

And Marge, sorry about your iPod. I wonder if there is any kind of fix that Apple can do for that?

11. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  12. Evil Marge

There is but it costs a lot of money and to get it done at a iPod repair centre it'd cost about £59.95 :speechless:
    Yeah I saw that earlier but these things are never as simple as they look and I'd end up doing more damage :rolleyes:

13. Dublex

Dublex Quazatron R6 droid

All I can say is, ouch.

But I see the evilness of apple tech ipods is making itself felt :devious:

14. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

Says a lot for the product if it still works after getting its butt kicked like that :)

15. Evil Marge

Eh?
    Yeah still works perfectly fine, it now lives in a nice pink silicone skin :laugh:

16. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

No insurance is offered on the iPhones

17. Gigabot

Gigabot OSNN Senior Addict

Crack your iPod Touch Screen. There's an app for that.

18. Vanessa237

Vanessa237 OSNN One Post Wonder

Since it was free I don't see a *real* loss in the financial department. If I had wasted so much money on something like an iTouch or iPhone it would have been dramatic. I hope you've backed everything up!

19. LaurasPureLife

LaurasPureLife OSNN One Post Wonder

That picture sent shivers down my spine. I hate seen technology broken or not working. It's a really depressing site to see. Just to know that it may never work again and it's just a pile of junk... Thank god it's still working, eh? Try to keep it that way next time!! ;)

20. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Marge, shame on you! What kind of a techie nerd are you.
    My boss got told $600 bucks to fix a circuit broad in his pool contoller. He went on line and found instructions to fix it it for $1 in materials. And that is a manager and we all know how inept they are. :)

Plan B - Marge what kind of a woman are you. Flutter your eyelashes at some hopeless male techie nerd and get him to fix it for you. :eek: