Office XP

B

Brainstorm

When I start any of the office aplication I get first an "Preparing to install" screen for about 10sec then it disapears and the aplication start with a considerable delay(up to 1 minute). I tried everything posible without reinstalling windows (and I mean everything: repair instalation, clean reinstal, removal of office+office common files+registry related entries+and reinstall) and no use!
Help me please!

10nx a lot.

Does it always do that with the same application? Office has this "install on first use" option. Maybe you selected that for that particular option.

If so, I would run the Office setup again, and make sure you don't have that option selected.

Regards,
Willem Moolenaar

I tried the complete install option but no use.
That "Preparing to install" screen is always there whatever aplication I start and my office is starting way too slow.

weird question maybe, but do you have more than 1 version of office on your computer.

Complete install or not... check if you have the option "run (all) from Hard disk" selected (as opposed to "Install on first use" or even "run from CD".)

If you select the default installation method (not custom), some components WILL have the "install on first use" option selected.

Kind regards,
Willem Moolenaar

Full install, I mean everything is copied on the computer and run from the computer, and this is the OfficeXP Proffesional version, i tried also installing a localized version of it (OfficeXP Professional Romanian version) but the same problem. I used the SP1 patch and no use.
HELP!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back