Office XP

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Brainstorm, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Brainstorm

Brainstorm Guest

When I start any of the office aplication I get first an "Preparing to install" screen for about 10sec then it disapears and the aplication start with a considerable delay(up to 1 minute). I tried everything posible without reinstalling windows (and I mean everything: repair instalation, clean reinstal, removal of office+office common files+registry related entries+and reinstall) and no use!
    Help me please!

10nx a lot.

2. eNuffSaid

eNuffSaid Guest

Does it always do that with the same application? Office has this "install on first use" option. Maybe you selected that for that particular option.

If so, I would run the Office setup again, and make sure you don't have that option selected.

Regards,
    Willem Moolenaar

3. Brainstorm

Brainstorm Guest

I tried the complete install option but no use.
    That "Preparing to install" screen is always there whatever aplication I start and my office is starting way too slow.

4. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

weird question maybe, but do you have more than 1 version of office on your computer.

5. eNuffSaid

eNuffSaid Guest

Complete install or not... check if you have the option "run (all) from Hard disk" selected (as opposed to "Install on first use" or even "run from CD".)

If you select the default installation method (not custom), some components WILL have the "install on first use" option selected.

Kind regards,
    Willem Moolenaar

6. Brainstorm

Brainstorm Guest

Full install, I mean everything is copied on the computer and run from the computer, and this is the OfficeXP Proffesional version, i tried also installing a localized version of it (OfficeXP Professional Romanian version) but the same problem. I used the SP1 patch and no use.
    HELP!!!