office sp2 problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by cabmustang, Sep 8, 2002.

1. cabmustang

cabmustang Guest

i'm having pretty much the same problem with sp2 that i had with sp1, can anyone help?

cabmustang

2. walkabout

walkabout OSNN Renegade

Office sp2 has just about shot my system to bits and it does not come with an un-install function.... I'm just waiting for the official XP Pro SP1 1106 or whatever, then a rebuild and leave office sp2 on the shelf where it belongs. Just ms using us for guinee pigs again.

3. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

I have sp2 installed and it works perfect. What is the error you get?

4. cabmustang

cabmustang Guest

"error 1328. error applying patch to file c:\config.msi\pt1d.tmp. it has been updated by other means." i haven't been able to install sp2 because of it. any help would be appreciated.

5. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

I've heard of this problem being caused on illegit copies of Office XP ...
    Are you using a licenced version of it cabmustang?

6. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

This is error is caused by you not using a legit version of Office xp. So to solve the problem go to a store and buy a legit copy...

7. prasanth

prasanth Guest

Just slipstream sp2 ;)

8. cabmustang

cabmustang Guest

i don't know if it's legit, i got it from my friend. and who knows where he got it from.

9. Heath3n

Heath3n OSNN Addict

I find that a little hard to believe. A frking 9 year old can generally tell a pirated piece of software from an original. Are you really that stupid...or were you just hoping to bullsh*t the clueless people out there?

10. Tree4

Tree4 Guest

Lets give 'your friend' the benefit of the doubt here.
    Lets assume he is incredibly rich and generous and wants to buy fully licenced copies of very expensive Windows OS and Applications and then give them away.

Please could I have their name and put in an order for MSDN Universal edition.

Thanks.
    ;)

11. cabmustang

cabmustang Guest

Heath3n, dont go talkin sh*t, the disc looked real, but maybe it was a disc from a computer show or something. they have illegit copy's, and mayby he or i didn't know.

12. NetRyder

Well ... it doesn't matter then. If its illegit, you're out of luck here. Sorry m8. :)

13. cabmustang

cabmustang Guest

oh well. does anyone have roxio ez cd creator on there system? i'm having problems getting it to work even with the updates for windows xp. its saying the engine failed. can anyone help?

14. NetRyder

I used to have problems with EasyCD Creator (came bundled with the burner), so I switched to Nero, and its been working flawlessly.
    You could try updating your ASPI drivers too.

15. cabmustang

cabmustang Guest

i have nero also, but i'm having problems with it, i'm trying to burn a data cd but its saying the wrong "medium" is in the drive, but its the right medium. i'v tried quite a few different discs but it still doesn't work. any ideas on how to fix this?

16. cabmustang

cabmustang Guest

i don't know if this matters, but i also have XPsp1 installed, and thats when nero stopped working. just thought i'd mention it in case thats what it is.

17. Heath3n

Heath3n OSNN Addict

If he bought it...he would know. I'm really thinking you are an idiot so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.