Office 2003 Update Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by omega, Feb 10, 2004.

1. omega

omega OSNN One Post Wonder

Has anyone run into this trouble before? I have the Microsoft Office 2003 Teachers and Student edition, when I go to the office update site (similar to the windowsupdate site), it won't patch. After the download the installation fails. I haven't tried re-installing office yet, but somehow i doubt this will work because when i re-install windows before and did this again, it didn't work. Is it perhaps that Microsoft will not allow the Teachers and Student edition to be patched from the site? Funny enough it works if i download each and every individual files and run that patch like that. I mean that works for sure. But I prefer in this case to update from the site directly.

If anyone can help, please let me know.
  2. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

Arlington, TX
    The reason why it doesn't work is because, as stated by Microsoft, you can not update the Student & Teacher versions. It will, however, update if you download each update and do it that way.
  3. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

That's tedious and stupid. "Sure you can update it, but it will be more difficult for you teacher and student types!" :rolleyes: ;)
  4. Tiesto

Tiesto OSNN Addict

Just wait for SP1 to be released in May