NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad said:
Why are you using the GUI?

I tried the service at one time, and was acting weird so I went back to the gui version I like to be in control of it it case i have to turn it off. :)

tdinc said:
I tried the service at one time, and was acting weird so I went back to the gui version I like to be in control of it it case i have to turn it off. :)
You have all the control with the service and you'll fold about 20% more! It's crazy not to use the service option IMHO... at any time you can just bring up task manager and cancel out the FAH-Console process to cease folding.... or rerun a -config to change any options.... or uninstall even if you seriously go off the idea.

Then again - if you like the pretty pictures, well hey - it's your computer! Personally for me it is all about the raw number crunching for the cause. Though I do believe it wil teach you to build machines that can be driven flat out in all circumstances (and teach you about what fails in your system and how - he says, having just apparently burnt out his 1GB Ballistix memory!)

We are up over 9,000 for a 24 hour average as a team, that is quite an increase since the merge :)

Yeah, we're doing well.
There has been an increase in activity plus the addition of the NvNews Team.
It's good to see them on the board too.

My current unit has taken over 2 days :s
Should finish soon tho, was at about 10 on the 12 hour clock if you get my drift.

Hey ill soon like to join F @ H with one of my unusd pcs. I should get it back in 2 days.. But its not the fastes but its something.. just trying to help out.

Thanks Technokid. We appreciate any help that we can get.

Thanks technokid.. any help is appreciated. My home PC is no screamer either, but it is folding fairly steadly (Returns a WU every 3 days or so depending on the size).

On a side note, I'm not sure what has changed recently.. I haven't added any new machines to folding for the last month or so but my average points per week keeps going up!

Whee!

Finally added my home rig - have been toying with it for about a month getting everything to work properly. That should boost my submissions :D

Seems like when I was trying to install teh new version of ie7 beta, it's killed a number of my processes.

I might not be able to sub my home units for a day or two till I get everything fixed, or roll-back.

Hooray for crappola.

-edit-

Looks like one from early morning was subbed. Might not be a lost cause after all.

One more WU from my work system this afternoon and potentially another phat one from my second core and I'm back in business :smoker:

I hate you ie7 beta fubar'd install.

my progress is lost :cry:

is there a chance that a pentium 133 would perform better than a ppc 350mhz and a ppc g5?

i don't know.. it was working on this assignment for the past 2 weeks or so and it was up to almost 60%. we had another powerfaliure and when it rebooted, the data was lost...

i restarted before though and it just continued from where it left off.. :confused:

Electronic Punk said:
My current unit has taken over 2 days :s
Should finish soon tho, was at about 10 on the 12 hour clock if you get my drift.

You have weird drifts.

No one ever understands.

:dead:

If you look at the GUI version the frame progress and the unit progress shos as a pie, and his was about at the 10:00 posision.

So the question is, does it have to go twice to make 24 hours to be complete?

I hate this ****ing keyboard.

I just ordered a Arctic Freezer for my old system, some people complained about the noise from the Thermaltake HS/F as I am running F@H on it :~

Oh well. What else would I do with my money? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Steevo said:
Oh well. What else would I do with my money? :D

Give it to me :p

Saz - any news on the Nvnews peeps joining the forum and posting here? Don't care about repping them so much, but more people for the community and discussion would be nice :)

I'll let em know but they are regulars with thousands of posts over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back