nvidia geforced crash dummy

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by pipwolf, Dec 6, 2002.

1. pipwolf

pipwolf Guest

my new compaq pc keeps crashing, the error report reckons its the device driver for the nvidia geforced mx420 keeps making the system unstable, i have downloaded the latest drivers but still no change-- the mouse cursor locks up then the computer crashes most of the time , then i get the error box when i reboot-stop 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER - HAS ANYONE GOT A FIX FOR THIS, the advice is replace the video card, help.:(

2. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

3. pipwolf

pipwolf Guest

big booger

Thanks for that, the workaround did not work, but thanks to you and the big boogers advice on the best way to install drivers the prob seems to be fixed, thankyou pip

4. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

Hey as long as you were able to solve the problem that is all that matters. Glad I was able to at least point you to a possible solution.

5. pipwolf

pipwolf Guest

Problem seemed to clear up , but its back , thats why iv posted a new thread- very frustrating , oh well keep smiling its only £900 squid.

6. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Sometimes you have to unload and load a few different versions of the drivers to see which ones will keep it stable.

Meaning, you may have to use an older version and not the latest and greatest. Experiment... Good Luck :)