nVidia driver permissions...

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by scriptasylum, Aug 25, 2003.

1. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

My kid's PC is using my old GF4 Ti4400 card and the 44.xx drivers. The drivers installed ok, but I cannot select the level of AA I want for all their profiles. If I log in as Admin, I can change it and it works for me. As soon as I log into one of their (restricted) accounts, the AA setting I set is not there when I play any game. There isn't even a GF tab in the display properties. I don't think the kids really care if they see the jaggies, but I do. :)

BTW: their specs are:
    Gigabyte GA-7VRXP mobo
    512MB PC2700 Kingston valuemax RAM (running sync at 266MHz).
    1.0 GHz T-Bird O/C to 1.33GHz
    Visiontek GF4 Ti 4400 (not O/C)
    Other generic stuff (CDRW, Mouse, keyboard, etc)

2. gothic

gothic LinuXPert

Installing as administrator should have gived all users permission to change.
    you could try installing them within each profile?!?

3. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

The drivers were installed with Admin rights (within the Admin login). I have tried installing them in one of the other profiles, but they don't have permission to install them. :rolleyes:

The next thing I am going to try is temporarily set each account to Admin-level, make the driver changes, then change them back to restricted. This will take a while since there are 4 accounts besides the Administrator account. What a pain!

You would think that video driver settings would be inherited across all accounts.