Nvidia Detonator Settings

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Yharn, Oct 27, 2002.

1. Yharn

Yharn meh.

What are typically the best settings for the detonators to get the best performance / quality out of the cards.

I'm using a gainward g4 TI4200 64MB and have always just left the driver settings on default. What should I change to get the most out of my card?

Currently I'm using the 41.03 drivers.

Thanks in advance.

2. jumpy

jumpy Guest

Performance/quality? That is a bit of a contradiction, do you want the best performance, the best quality or a combination of the two. For plain old best performance I recommend
    Antialiasing - OFF
    Anisotropic filtering - OFF
    Direct 3D - Enable fog table emulation
    - Mipmap detail level - BEST PERFORMANCE
    - more direct 3D - v-sync - ALWAYS OFF
    OpenGL - v-sync - ALWAYS OFF
    Clock frequencies - as high as they go :p

Good luck tweakin :cool:

3. Yharn

Yharn meh.

I was just wondering what are typically good settings for performance without loosing lots of image quality.

Thank you for the reply.

4. jumpy

jumpy Guest

Well with a card that good, you could probably afford to turn up antialiasing to 2x (this smooths edges), and turn anisotropic filtering(this filters stuff too :confused: ) up a bit. And if you want less teary type graphics, set v-sync to always on. Mipmap detail to best image quality. It's a compromise that you must make between quality and performance depending on what games you play, what resolution you play etc.
    There is a new setting in the 41.03 drivers - the performance slider from application through to aggressive but I haven't noticed any difference in benchmarks between these settings.