nVidia, ATi and Matrox: What do they offer?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Nedreplan, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Nedreplan

Nedreplan Guest

Well, I am not here to start a competition on which one is the best, I am just wondering what are the major differences between nVidia, ATi and Matrox? What does the other one have, that is missing in the others?

As I have a Geforce4 Ti 4200 I know I have: Accuview, nView, nfiniteFX II and Light Speed Memory Architecture II..among other things.

I guess it is a matter of choice and so..but I just want to get a general idea on what the other cards have that can make the graphics so sweet!:p

Secondary question: What is the recommended maximum OC for my card?..I wanna push it a bit, but not so much so I cook it or I will get the reverse effect. And what program should I use to OC it?

Thanks for your help!:)

2. Kevin Ar18

Kevin Ar18 OSNN Senior Addict

A good start would be to go to sites like tomshardware, anandtech, hardocp, etc... and look for the technical reviews of the hardware which come out before the real reviews (and of course don't forget the real reviews with the benchmarks), but anways, the technical reviews will tell you about a lot of the features that each card has.
    You should be able to find articles on the Matox and the Radeon card within the last few months.

3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

well all the so called technology that nvidia has is definitiley NOT the stuff that ati or matrox has in name but they run similar algorithms to achieve similar effects on screen...

personally... nvidia gives max performance, ati gives best image quality, matrox is best for professional grade users