nvidia and firefox

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by zeke_mo, Jan 27, 2005.

1. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

is it firefox or nvidia that is behind this one?
    [​IMG]
    I does this sometimes...anybody have this problem?

2. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

its nvidia, there sites are designed only for IE so far as I can tell.

3. mgdodge

mgdodge OSNN One Post Wonder

I use firefox, and I have no such problem with the nVidia site. I have noticed that extensions can affect page layout, and I noticed that you have AdBlock installed. Have you tried without your extensions loaded? If you don't want to uninstall them, you can try downloading a standalone version of firefox (portable firefox @ http://johnhaller.com/jh/mozilla/portable_firefox/) and viewing the site in there, just as a troubleshooting step.

4. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

I also have no problem with the Nvidia site on Firefox so it shouldn't be Nvidia or Firefox unless you have something on Firefox that deliberately does it that you may not know about.

5. Utsav Prabhu

Utsav Prabhu OSNN One Post Wonder

I use firefox regularly and i dont have any problems with the nvidia site... u better check your firefox... prob'ly some setting somewhere...

6. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Aside from needing the flash plugin, the page seems to load fine. Could well be your adblocker.

7. Dublex

Dublex Quazatron R6 droid

Adblockers are notorius in some cases for screwing up your page view settings. I use NIS 2005 which has Ad-block but it defaults to off and I have it set to off as otherwise it can cause problems. I would try setting your advert blocker to off as everyone says to see if it helps.