NTFS.org Posting Email Notification

Discussion in 'Site Problems & Feedback' started by S1RE, Apr 15, 2003.

1. S1RE

S1RE Guest

Just wondering if anyone else noticed that the email notification for when someone posts in a topic you created or replied to doesn't work.

I've noticed this for quite some time and I do have the option checked.

"Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in."
  2. Kevin Ar18

Kevin Ar18 OSNN Senior Addict

Yeah, it's turned off for now.

You can try either my, or dealer's solution in the meantime.

Dealer's solution:
    [--The results page is cluttered with info. However, the links do take you to the end of the thread.--]
    1) under one of your posts, hit the button that says profile
    2) then in your profile, top right, you'll see a "search for all posts by this user"
    3)right click, make that a favorite
    4)then, just hit that whenever you want to track the threads you've posted on.

My solution:
    [--The results are not all cluttered with info, so it's easier to find the posts you haven't read. However, the links don't take you to the end of the thread.--]
    1) Make a bookmark or favorites of any page on NTFS.org
    2) Find the bookmark in your favorites menu->right click on it->and select properties
    3) Put in the following address for the URL:
    http://www.ntfs.org/forum/search.php?s=&query=&searchuser=USERNAME&exactname=yes&forumchoice=-1&titleonly=&showposts=&searchdate=-1&beforeafter=after&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending&action=simplesearch&Submit=Perform Search

Simply replace the part in red with your username. In the case of my username, I have a space in my name (which is not allowed in the URL), so I have to put in the following Kevin%20Ar18 Notice I replace the space with %20