NTFS help me !! encoding files

S

szakall

Hi

I've a big problem. I had Windows 2003 Server and under this system i had encoded 2 folders, but my system crashed , and since that moment i used my backup ( Made with Norton Ghost ) i couldn't get into this folders. I think, i don't have permit to open it. So i have question : How can i evade this protection ? Plz Help Me . Greetings Szakall

ps. sorry for my english

Do you mean that you encrypted some folders? If you encrypted those folders, then you will not be able to access them (SID's are different and can't be recovered). If you simply made those folders available only to you by changing the security options, you can take control of the folders (log in as Administrator). Other than that, there is not much you can do.

it's probably the single handed most stupid thing microsoft have ever done. did you know no matter how secure you make the file with windows software, unticking a check box and a few right clicks and you can take over any users file.

i'm assuming it will work in a simular fasion to XP, if not then i got it all wrong.

heres the M$ guide

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&sd=tech

this guide could have saved me 20gb of downloads once, and a friends pc, i saved about 12 gb of mp3's he had :)

i just hope u didnt encrypt em, and its just tied to the old user account, if so the guide should work out ok,

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back