NTFS help me !! encoding files

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by szakall, Dec 22, 2003.

1. szakall

szakall Guest

Hi

I've a big problem. I had Windows 2003 Server and under this system i had encoded 2 folders, but my system crashed , and since that moment i used my backup ( Made with Norton Ghost ) i couldn't get into this folders. I think, i don't have permit to open it. So i have question : How can i evade this protection ? Plz Help Me . Greetings Szakall

ps. sorry for my english

2. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

Do you mean that you encrypted some folders? If you encrypted those folders, then you will not be able to access them (SID's are different and can't be recovered). If you simply made those folders available only to you by changing the security options, you can take control of the folders (log in as Administrator). Other than that, there is not much you can do.

3. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

it's probably the single handed most stupid thing microsoft have ever done. did you know no matter how secure you make the file with windows software, unticking a check box and a few right clicks and you can take over any users file.

i'm assuming it will work in a simular fasion to XP, if not then i got it all wrong.

heres the M$ guide

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&sd=tech

this guide could have saved me 20gb of downloads once, and a friends pc, i saved about 12 gb of mp3's he had :)

i just hope u didnt encrypt em, and its just tied to the old user account, if so the guide should work out ok,