No pictures just blank squares

kingsam

OSNN Addict
Got win98 & when i go on internet websites i get little blank boxes where the picture/thumbnail is supposed to be with a little red x in it,do i need to install some software,or is it a tick box in windows.Thanks

Go to Internet Options, advanced, multimedia, check Show Pictures.

No pictures

The show picture box is already ticked,is it anything to do with java.

You running any kind of ad-blocking software?
They can mis-interprete images as ads sometimes, usually depending on the size of the image (dimensions not file)

ah, i ran into this problem a while back. i installed ms virtual machine and it cleared it right up.

you can't get the file (msjavx86) from microshaft any longer, but you can get it here!

oops, i think erbmaster has it right. i'd d/l the msjavx86 and install it anyway, but the pics not showing up and a "red x" being displayed has something to do with a host entry in the registry.

i'm looking for it now...

kingsam...

did you install kazaa or kazaa lite? if so, here's the fix:

the file 'hosts' in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc is replaced if you install either kazaa or kazaa lite.

simply go into that folder above and delete the file called "hosts". it works, trust me.

Originally posted by koko
kingsam...

did you install kazaa or kazaa lite? if so, here's the fix:

the file 'hosts' in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc is replaced if you install either kazaa or kazaa lite.

simply go into that folder above and delete the file called "hosts". it works, trust me.
Thats the default DNS to IP mapping storage information, so I wouldnt delete that file.

Basically all that should be in that file is some commented information and a reverence to
127.0.0.1 localhost

What version of IE are you running? I would recommend upgrading to IE 6.0 if you are not currently running it, that may fix your problems all together

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back