!!!! No Ones Can help me :( :( with my PLEXWRITER problem ???? ( Second Thread )

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by StoneColdX, Mar 3, 2002.

1. StoneColdX

StoneColdX Guest

Hi Everybody

Since i got XP i cant use my PLEXWRITER.
    When i use NERO (newest version) i can make my CD and then when i click on burn it starts and then when NERO takes ACCESS to the CD-BURNER to begin to write, the CD-BURNER hang UP (Cant OPen CLose) and NERO too...

There is the same Problem with CDrWIN, Adaptec, WInOnCd etc . . .

When i try to burn with XP (Drag & Drop) it says No Empty Disc available.

Please Help Me

GreeTz Steve alias StoneColdX

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

What are your system specs. Have you checked for any firmware updates for your plexwriter. Can the drive read cd's have you tried changing what ide port you have it on?

3. StoneColdX

StoneColdX Guest

It must be a driver Problem .....

I wrote Since i have XP....
    The burner worked 100 % with Win 2000 and Win98 and it has the newest Firmware and i can read all types of Cds....

4. HSChronic

HSChronic Guest

It is a problem with the Plextor drive. I have seen about 3 other people with the same issue you have. It seems that the Plexwriter firmware no-like XP.

5. Dick Johnson

Dick Johnson Guest

Plexwriter With XP

I run two Plexwriters in XP and have NO problems. If by mistake you installed any of the Plextor software like Plextor Manager 2000 or Plextor DiscDupe----your dead. Try removing ANY software with Plextor in the name and see if your problem goes away. Any firmware updates are fine, but NO Plextor software should be in XP. Reboot and remove Nero, reboot again and reinstall Nero and please don't have Roxio ECDC 5 also installed with Nero. The two of these are like Microsoft and TimeWarner!