No matter Ahat I do the Audio Control will not appear in the tray

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Seashell, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Seashell

Seashell OSNN One Post Wonder

Thanks for all who answered my question about my computer restarting evertime I shut it down. I have another problem that occured about a year ago and I haven't been able to figure it out. I am using the AC-97 audio driver and nothing I do will make the volume icon appear in my tray. I put a ckeck mark where it says and next time I look the check mark is gone. I have on several ocasions deleted this driver and reinstalled it but to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas?

2. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 OSNN Junior Addict

Right Click on taskbar, go to properties. In the taskbar menu, click customize. Scroll down to the Volume icon and change the drop menu to Always show.

3. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

Doesn't always work ^^^^.

I had the same problem a while ago,no matter what I did the icon would not stay. I ended up having to add it to quick launch and never did figure what went wrong :rolleyes:

Perris had the same problem here , dunno if he ever fixed it.

4. Seashell

Good idea but no cigar. I don't hide any icons in the task bar. I run a minimum of tasks that show but the volume icon is one I like to have.
    Thanks
    Any more ideas?

5. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Found this:

Hope some or all of this helps.

6. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

7. Seashell

WOW you guys are way more compentent than I am. That advice about changing the regestiry was way above my head. I get no error messages it just igjnores me when I put a check mark where it says display the volume icon in the tray?