No headphone jack...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by vivid_vibe, Mar 15, 2005.

1. vivid_vibe

vivid_vibe OSNN Senior Addict

I recently did a foolish thing. I upgraded PC speakers, but my new ones don't have a headphone jack. My old ones did and it was great for when my family was in the same room watching TV or something. The new ones are of a much higher sound quality, but I miss that one option. My current on-board sound on my mobo doesn't have a headphone jack, so that is a moot point. Is there any alternative other than buying a soundcard that has a headphone jack or switching back to the old speakers and selling the new ones? I mean, why can't all PC speakers have a headphone jack and then I wouldn't have this problem? :)

2. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

You could go to your local audio video store (bestbuy or something) and buy a Y splitter. Single side male, split side female. Plug speakers into one split and headphones into the other. If your headphones have a built in volume control then you can just turn them down or off when you are not using them if you dont want to unplug them.

vivid_vibe likes this.
  3. vivid_vibe

vivid_vibe OSNN Senior Addict

That sounds like a wonderful solution! One I never considered, at that. I appreciate the prompt response.