no connection please help

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by kev59, Jul 8, 2002.

1. kev59

kev59 OSNN Senior Addict

:( after trying to connect about 6 times but freeserve was engaged the connection failed and then when i re tried it can not find a connection no dail tone or any thing please please help i cannot use the internet

2. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

Well, first check and replace the phone cable going to the wall. Next check the jack by plugging a regular phone into the cable going into the modem and seeing if you get a dialtone. If you do not get a tone, its a problem with your lines. If you do get a tone, your modem is fried.

JJB6486

3. kev59

kev59 OSNN Senior Addict

if i use system restore i can get all my connections back but i don't want to as i have installed loads since the last restore:confused:

4. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

I'm not asking you to restore or reinstall Windows. I asked you to check the cables and make sure that the modem is not damaged. Did you check all your cables and the modem itself to make sure its not a hardware issue?

JJB6486

5. kev59

kev59 OSNN Senior Addict

what i am saying is if i go back in time it works fine and i get a connection which says yhe modem etc is working not fried

6. kev59

kev59 OSNN Senior Addict

do freeserve have a lock out after so many redails because it has suddenly come back