NIS2004Pro

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
Just upgraded to NIS2004pro but when i visit a site i can see the pictures and download them but if i try to download the videos, DAP just opens but will not communicate with the site and start downloading. if i switch it off iwill download no prob. What settings do i need to change in order to allow viewing/downloading of these files.

Have you looked into the individual program settings in NIS? Just wondering if DAP isn't allowed access through the firewall. Also, have you tried turning off the firewall to see if it will work then. If it does, then you know for sure it is the firewall causing the problem. Post back and we can go from there.

Some people would say the same about Zone Alarm. I've used both and I wouldn't say that either particularly suck.

DAP will download other files when the firewall is on no problem. When i switch off NIS DAP will download the videos but i don't like doing this.

muzikool said:
Some people would say the same about Zone Alarm. I've used both and I wouldn't say that either particularly suck.
LoL. I had ZA which after a few months wouldn't allow me to get into the control panel. :p
With regards to firewalls and internet security, I just want something that allows me to filter individual sites because some programs block everything and does not have the option to configure individual websites.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back