NFS5 Porsche

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by ludlo, Sep 8, 2002.

1. ludlo

ludlo OSNN Addict

When im driving nfs5 in win xp it freezes. But only when i come to a specific track. It happends both under "Factory driver" and "Evolution". Anybody knows anything that may help me?

(It freezes and after 5-8sec it will auto-shutdown)

2. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

have you got latest XP compatibility patches

have you got the latest drivers ????

Have you tried reinstalling the game
    might be worth a try

have you got any programs running in the background
    like Anti-Virus software ??????

3. Kellog

Kellog Guest

I had problems in that direction too. It wasnt on a certain point or on a certain track tho. It just seemed to freeze when too much happened on the screen at once. I've tried many configurations and seen it happen on different computers as well. Im thinking its a bug. :p

4. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

If you aren't already running it in Windows98 compatibility mode, you should.
    NFS5 does not work on NT based systems.

5. artistul

artistul Guest

NFS 5 works under XP an verry wel i might say. You may have a problem with the game files.

6. ludlo

ludlo OSNN Addict

i have the latest drivers ofr both hardware and xp.

no antivirus.

7. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

I had a similar problem but traced it to the CDROM (i didn't need 98 compatibility mode). Try using event viewer right after it happens and look under the Applications section. It should tell you the application had a problem and may tell you why. I simply used my other CD drive (cdrw instead of the dvd) and its worked fine ever since.

8. i had same problem there, it was like this.
    i was in first place after last race so when i was starting the crashing track i was 1st in line, when i'd get to couple turns ahead game would freeze, what helped is that i accidentally droped to 4th-5th place in the begining and then followed the other cars, when i did that game didnt freez at that point and i wont anyway :). hope this helps

9. ok something weird with quick reply, but check out my post above that might help

10. ludlo

ludlo OSNN Addict

didnt solve my problem...thanks anyway

anything more i can try?

11. Silverado2000

Silverado2000 OSNN Junior Addict

Make sure "Lens Flare" is not on in the game options. I had the same problem on the Normandy track. The game would freeze every time I got to a certain point on the track until I turned the lens flare option off.

12. JimGarb

JimGarb Guest

Well I cant get NFS5 to run anymore on my computer. I burned out my old video card and I had to get my spare Voodoo5 out and NFS5 wont even run with the Voodoo 5 in Windows XP. I just get a box that says "error"

13. Nismo83

Nismo83 OSNN AZN Addict

U guys are lucky enough to get it install.. mine hangs in the setup screen..

14. Shrek

Shrek Kenya believe it...

I just tried to play it online and when I clicked on multiplayer it says there's a new patch available,but when I click ok to download the patch it just sends me back to my desktop and nothing else happens.Any Ideas where I can get the patch from.

15. Shrek

I found the patch and installed it and now it won't load it just hangs on the loading screen,any ideas why it would it when patched,but it was alright when it wasn't?

Found out why,I had to turn on 98 compatibility and it works now

16. dadx2mj

dadx2mj Guest

I had that problem it was the lens flare ting mentioned above.

17. SirLasher

SirLasher Guest

would you share where you found the patch.. Ive been looking but seems all the Porsche sites have died...

18. Shrek