NFS:Underground Problems :/

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Standard, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Standard

Standard OSNN Junior Addict

So yes, I've beaten NFS on hard, and I need some HD space. But the problem is, the uninstall will not run :confused:

I've tried running it from the dos prompt, as well as going to the add/remove programs, and the install isn't even in their.

Im quite oblivious as to what I should do.

any help is mucho appreciated

2. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

Des Moines,IA
    Well, you could check to see if there is some type of install log in the game directory. Then, undo what the installation did. Typically, it's just a matter of deleting the game directory and undoing any registry entries.

If there isn't an install log, just delete the game directory. Then, you could use a reg cleaner and delete the entries that deal with the game, if any. If you're just worried about hdd space, I'd just delete the files.
  3. Dogfighter

Dogfighter Gamer

Wales UK
    I use program called reg cleaner. It has an uninstall menu and will usually get rig of things that windows cant. You can get it here. Click on the box with a little red arrow.
    I have used the to clean my Reg for years without any probs also.
  4. forcer

forcer OSNN Senior Addict

you could simply do it all manually...

delete the saved game folder from /Application Data
    delete the program files
    go to regedit and so a search for need for speed or ea games... and just delete every need for speed registry key it finds.
  5. Standard

Standard OSNN Junior Addict

thanks for the help guys, i uninstalled it manually and used registry cleaner