News submissions Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

American Zombie

Staff member
Political Access
Has policy changed or do some news posters decide to take credit for themselves?

The most recent Nero update I submitted then Edskes gives no credit and I had left a comment about not getting credit which was then removed. :eek:

Then when a Steam update came out I had submitted it and Khayman gave no mention of it.
I live only 15 minutes from Valve HQ and stop in there from time to time and get told things before they even come out on Steam page.

News posters don't necessarily view the submitted news, in-fact some of them don't even have access to the queue (I don't think Edskes does.) and that's why credit wouldn't be given. Although I can't say why your comment was deleted, will look into it though.

Only EP, Khayman, gonaads and myself have access to submitted news. As SPeedY_B pointed out, we don't always read submitted news before posting what we've found.

Personally, if there isn't a link to check what's submitted, I just delete it. We/I need proof of the news, don't wanna just post something that isn't true and make OSNN look foolish.

[edit] All news posters have access to delete comments.
Also, as far as posting news and submitted news, I haven't been keeping up my end. So if people have submitted lately, it's probably still sitting there, waiting to be posted or deleted [/edit]

I will need to update that article, its too short and has no info.
When I update it, you will get credit as well.

Just playing with a router atm, and I am losing

Thanks all, I now have a better understanding of how this works. :)

You guys hardly/never post news so you don't count :p

You too??:confused: At least I'm not the only one who has just found it!;):D

That happened to me once as well--someone posted a story that I submitted, but didn't check the news queue to see if I had submitted it first. Well, after eight months of counseling and countless bottles of Zoloft, I'm doing a little better. I'll have that news poster know, however, that they left my life in ruins.

Jewelzz said:
Personally, if there isn't a link to check what's submitted, I just delete it. We/I need proof of the news, don't wanna just post something that isn't true and make OSNN look foolish.

Thats not quite true :p I've fed EP a few rumours from the grapevine that get put on osnn :)

Clearly stated as such, but they're there none the less :p

Well I know you, so I know its all lies.
But I post anyway :p

SPeedY_B said:
Although I can't say why your comment was deleted, will look into it though.
I've mentioned this serveral times before and it's always with the same author who I think everyone can guess. :) He's basically a spammer.

I deleted his last news post as it was cack really.
Noticed AZ submitted the HL2 update, but Khayman posted it before I managed to do it myself - pimped him in the comments tho ;D

What gets me a bit steamed are the people/would be members that join up just to post/submit their own software product.

Plus I like clicking on the user name of the person that has submitted the news story or software to see how active they izz on the forums.

There is one in the submitted news rite now that if ya click on his user name it's an e-mail link. :eek: And they are not a member. Now that is annoying. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back