New Video Card

R

renakuajo

ok my old rage fury pro die 3-4 months ago, so i put an old ati 8mb that i have till i buy a new one. So thius day finally arrive and I bought a new nvidia 128Mb card.......want to know what i need to do? i just take out the ati card and put the new nvidia and let xp handle everyhting or i need to do something else first?? thanks

Originally posted by renakuajo
ok my old rage fury pro die 3-4 months ago, so i put an old ati 8mb that i have till i buy a new one. So thius day finally arrive and I bought a new nvidia 128Mb card.......want to know what i need to do? i just take out the ati card and put the new nvidia and let xp handle everyhting or i need to do something else first?? thanks

usually works decent... otherwise you can use the drivercleaner proggy that many list (I don't have the url on me but you can either search forums for it or one of the other members will likely link you up)

I personally prefer a format when there is a major hardware change... because this almost guarantees the cleanest possible setup when everything it reinstalled :) but you SHOULD be able to just drop your card in... install new drivers and go...

if there are problems with artifacts or other when you do this... you can post here and we will work around it with you...

thanks Sazar, thats the same thing i was thinkin.......i know the best setup is to format but my pc is workin so fine that i dont wanna to format, anyway i let you guys know thanks!!!

Originally posted by renakuajo
thanks Sazar, thats the same thing i was thinkin.......i know the best setup is to format but my pc is workin so fine that i dont wanna to format, anyway i let you guys know thanks!!!

g.luck :)

and congrats on new purchase

/me loves the smell of new hardware :D

those silica gel packets are tasty! save it for me.

ok everyhting went well.......the card that i bought is a geforce5200......the only thing that i cant get is to unisntall ati display driivers and i havent been able to make function the nvdia wmd capture device.......i'm gonna try uninstalling the ati display drivers in safe.....thnaks

no reply for a day... i have to say, it doesnt normally take this long to uninstall the drivers!

I would've uninstalled the ati drivers BEFORE taking it out (seems he tried uninstalling after he took it out) - and then put the nvidia card in and installed the latest dets.

i havent reply cause i havent been able to uninstall the ati drivers........the first thing i try before put the nvidia card was to uninstall ati drivers, but i dont know why it doesnt let me.......so thats why i put the card.....currently i dont have any problmes but like Sazar said when you do a major hardware change is better to reformat so i;m gonna do that today as soon as i finish my backup

My last post wasnt meant seriously... it was intended as a joke... no offense intended.

Try uninstalling the nvidia drivers... putting the ATI back in and reinstalling the ATI drivers. Then try uninstalling them and put the nvidia back in and reinstall those drivers. Perhaps that might work? I suppose it depends on if the ATI drivers on the system are for the original ATI card that broke or the ATI card that you had in the machine previous to the nvidia card that you're using now.

Originally posted by jonifen
My last post wasnt meant seriously... it was intended as a joke... no offense intended.

Try uninstalling the nvidia drivers... putting the ATI back in and reinstalling the ATI drivers. Then try uninstalling them and put the nvidia back in and reinstall those drivers. Perhaps that might work? I suppose it depends on if the ATI drivers on the system are for the original ATI card that broke or the ATI card that you had in the machine previous to the nvidia card that you're using now.

uhhh thats way to much trouble....... download DriverCleaner and do as the instructions say no hardware swaps or uninstalling reinstalling drivers :p

~EDIT~ forgot the link haha Click me

:D

no offended here, everyhting is cool.......about the trouble thing, i format etc and system is running cool now thanks guys for the tips

what do u guyz think, should I buy a new Geforce fx5200 or the ATi Radeon9600, I am confused and need little help

Khaled,
Go for the Radeon 9600 (Pro if affordable), you'll get better performances in games on the whole, and DVD playback is much better ( perfect in my opinion ) than Nvidia's.

thanks, I think I will feel big difference over the Radeon7000

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back