Fixed New theme/site bug reports

Spoiler tags fixed!

They were broken!
/party

Last edited:
So here is an idea I am currently playing with which involves actually having an image background in the blank area above.

Basically I make the header background image of something panoramic with dimensions of 129 x 2000 / 3000 (how wide should I go?)

This gives those with no adverts something pretty to look at all the way across or plonks the advert on top as shown.
As you can also see I am applying a filter to the image about half way down to fit with the change on the sides, the example I have frankly done it a bit wrong but I want it a touch darker.

The logo itself will have a transparent background so fit with the image, this could eventually give us the option of having several images to choose from (using css as requested?)

Attachments

• concept.jpg
    concept.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 139
The funny thing about the background image, I can drag it almost across two screen before it "resets" so I bloody hope thats enough for people!

I am glad you like it!
Eventually it is my intention to let that whole bar image change, not quite as often as Bing but we could get some very cool lite/dark images up there to try and keep everyone happy!

So relieved you guys like it, but yes contingency plan is that we can have several user/selectable ones eventually.

Ooooh I do like those clouds :D Sigs look better now they've been moved down a bit, they were too close to the posts before. Well done EP, you deserve a lollypop or 2 or 3

chupa_chups.jpg

nice to see the logo or font of osnn.net :)

coming along nicely EP

I am liking this theme. It looks great ...

Yes :D

I can think of exceptions, ie Microsoft, so woo its a logo.

Yea the Favicon, I do not like. Just does not look right.

I'll see if I can knock up another without the clouds on, you think white background or try for something transparent?

Tbh with what I remember of querystrings and htaccess's you can do variable ones easily. I would probably just make/edit files of those names and add this to the top of the code.
Code:
if ($_GET["action"]=="show") {
if (isset($_GET["showarticle"])) {
	header ('HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently');
	header("Location: http://www.osnn.net/virtuanews/comments.php?shownews=" . $_GET["showarticle"]);
	exit;
}
else {
 //handle the not set variable with a redirect etc
}
}

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back