New Tech??

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by CAnCeR_MAN, Apr 18, 2003.

1. CAnCeR_MAN

CAnCeR_MAN Guest

Hi,
    I about to build a new comp for myself. I was just wondering wether anyone knows of any new technology that coming out that I should wait for?

Thanks alot

2. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

there's always something new around the corner.

do you have any brands you want to stick to? amd? intel? nvidia? ati? if so, that helps narrow down upcoming technology. also, how much money you're willing to spend on things will help you figure out if it's worth waiting for new components.

3. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

cool sig taurus :cool:

4. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

Yes, Abit IC7 will be a scream'n deamon!:)

5. CAnCeR_MAN

CAnCeR_MAN Guest

Im gonna go for AMD, mayby a MSI motherboard (just cuz i hear there reliable) and crucial memory(for the same reason). Not too sure about graphics card or anything else yet.

6. rettahc

rettahc Guest

Personally I think I am going to wait for PCI-X before I do my next upgrade.

7. Adrenalize

Adrenalize Tired Zombie

Iwould go with amd,cheaper easily overclocked.
    as far as the msi mobo i would stay away, my friend got 1 with the via 400 chipset and all he has had is problems,go with the nforce2 chipset and get serial ata for future upgrades.

8. theone1

theone1 Guest

You mean PCI Express...its due to be released some time next year. PCI-X is an enhancement of 'normal' PCI, already used in some servers...

I prefer ASUS motherboard:p

9. rettahc

rettahc Guest

oops, my bad. Your right it is PCI express

10. RagnaroK

RagnaroK Must be dreaming...

PCI Express? Whoa... never heard of that one before... :huh:
    Anyway, IMO, go with AMD because it gives the best price/performance ratio. Not really sure about mobo, though I use Epox, and love it! Graphics... errr... ATI Radeon. :D

11. dubstar

dubstar format c:

i guess you have a lot of "doin's" to do on your comp.. the only new technology im looking forward to is CHEAPER TECHNOLOGY