New Projector

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Techno Child, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Techno Child

Techno Child web{designer} Folding Team

Hello everyone...

I thought this would be the forum for this since it involves gaming with consoles.

I have bought an Epson S1+ Powerlight projector last year for over $1000USD and I noticed that projector prices have gone down quite a bit, and that they are much better quality. I love my Epson because it is super bright for presentations and other buisness apps, however for at home - the quality of the graphics could be better. I am trying to find another projector for use with xbox360/ps2/movies/etc that will have darker blacks with a higher contrast ratio, and also be closer to if not HD. I don't mind buying used, and ebay would be a nice place to find one - any suggestions on a model/brand that is affordable nowdays?

-tc

2. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

Don't forget that with Costco the site and warehouses are separate. So what's on the site isn't always available in the warehouse.

Wow I wish I could buy that. :)

3. Techno Child

hmm... i'm probably going to keep my eyes open for that sharp, but used on ebay... that should save a bit more - I still dont' see why you think it's hi def, are all dlps hd?

4. Techno Child

well, people put all kinds of words in the title for hits, however this is the description

5. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

6. Punkychan

Punkychan OSNN Addict

Well...I dunno...having already a projector in the house (Sharp) I find it nice but in terms of display I would rather have a Plasma or TFT TV.On the projector side , it depends where that thing is placed in the house , like mine, it's in the living and we had windows all over .,thus not so applicable when the sun is shining bright, but I visited a friend's house recently and he has that Dell's 26"....got me interested in buying it...by the way I don't really know whats the price like for a TFT or Plasma in your place ,but like me in Japan, a 32" would be in the range of 1500 US...and I won't mind paying the extra having the experience with projectors before and now....