New PC Rebooting after Starting up..

devynal

The Idiot Circus Boy
Bah and I had to re-register my account after 2 years. :eek:

Hello all.

I just put in a new Abit IS7-E with a Pentium 4 3.0GHz and 1GB of Corsair TwinX XMS PC3200 RAM.

No other changes were made and after the computer POSTs it reboots. Sometimes I can see a blue-screen-of-death. (Windows XP Pro SP1).

The CPU is hanging around 115 degrees F, which is normal. And both modules of memory passed memtest86.

Do I need to reinstall Windows? I also tried both 4X and 8X AGP to no avail.

I've done this to other computers I've built (thrown in new cpu/ram/board and everything still works fine). At a loss of what else is wrong.

EDIT: 400W Antec Power Supply and latest BIOS revision.

Thanks for any help.

Does the motherboard use the same chipset manufacturer as the last motherboard?

I've done fine when changing MB with the same manufacturers chipset but got into reinstall hell when I tried changing from Via to SIS, etc.

With XP fighting you it's hard to tell if you really cleared out all the chipset specific drivers.

If you changed chipset manufacturers try a repair install, it preserves your setup. If that doesn't work go for the full install.

PS 22 stinking posts? How did people get up to the 200"s already????????
Sheesh.

Re:

Yep, they are both Intel Chipsets, last one was an 845, going to 865PE.

I fixed it. :) I did what Lee said and just try a repair install on XP and it worked!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back