New OS X Transformation Pack Released for SP2

EDIT - Thanks for linky Muzi - I love the look.

NetRyder said:
Yeah, and anybody who uses a certain amount of common sense and decent hardware would have the same experience.
It gets on my nerves when Mac and UNIX users try to pull off that stupid stability argument. We're not living in the days of Windows ME anymore, people.

I've never reinstalled XP - Same build since October 2002. Yes, October 2002.

The system is tweaked beyond belief and runs faster today than when I got it.

If I'm bored (rare) I install spyware/adware/malware on it and learn how to remove it.

If I got my hands on a MAC I would probably be able to do exactly the same thing with some reading, tweaking.

It's been restarted every time a game, app, or Windows Update demands it, and when the power goes out. Maybe 100 times? Solid. The fan made too much noise the other day, so I tapped the case. It went away.

:eek: whoudathunkit? MS? Stable? YES.

oh, and even Windows ME can be tweaked to run stable. I run a file server with it. It boots in 4 seconds, runs 3 processes. ;)

Mastershakes said:
EDIT - Thanks for linky Muzi - I love the look.

I've never reinstalled XP - Same build since October 2002. Yes, October 2002.

The system is tweaked beyond belief and runs faster today than when I got it.

If I'm bored (rare) I install spyware/adware/malware on it and learn how to remove it.

If I got my hands on a MAC I would probably be able to do exactly the same thing with some reading, tweaking.

It's been restarted every time a game, app, or Windows Update demands it, and when the power goes out. Maybe 100 times? Solid. The fan made too much noise the other day, so I tapped the case. It went away.

:eek: whoudathunkit? MS? Stable? YES.

oh, and even Windows ME can be tweaked to run stable. I run a file server with it. It boots in 4 seconds, runs 3 processes. ;)

Hint: Make a guide. :p

And thread resurrections be damned.

Actually, I forgot about my old desktop at home. :D
Same story. First installed XP on it when it went RTM back in 2002, and it's not been formatted since then. And it's a 7-year old 550MHz Pentium III with 512MB of RAM. Surprising how well it runs for its age!

I did format my laptop a couple of times, mainly because I wanted to try a clean install with the service packs slipstreamed.

Have to see if I can keep XP x64 running at the same speed it is right now on the new desktop until Vista goes RTM and gets loaded on it. :)

But this is way offtopic... ;P

NetRyder said:
A stable Windows ME file server. Now that's an achievement! :D

I never thought of this. Then with how much of a crash happy OS that ME was, would this actually work ??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back