New office PC

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by canadian_divx, Apr 4, 2003.

1. canadian_divx

canadian_divx Canadian_divx

a friend is wanting me to build them a pc that is just for word processing and internet and e-mail, and it needs to be cheap, all she wants is a tower, now i was thinking about eaither a duron or a celeron, what ever is cheaper for performance with that stuff, it is over 1ghz at least so, anyone got any ideas

specs of partial computer

250-350 wt psu
    ATX case
    processer (what one not sure)
    if amd then a MSI probbaly
    on board sound
    gforce 2 mx 400
    512mb SDram hopefully or maybe DDR if i hvae to

any other ideas on how to save money?
  2. Un4gIvEn1

Un4gIvEn1 Moderator

Want to go REALLY cheap? Get a VIA Eden M1000. They have onboard video, 6 channel audio, USB, LAN, 1394, TV out and a bunch of other stuff as well as already having a 1GHz processor on the board. The board runs about $160.

It's a Mini ITX board. It will fit in any ATX case and work with any ATX powersupply. It is only 17x17cm in size so you could throw it into a tiny case as well if you wanted to.

Just a though. Good luck!
  3. canadian_divx

thanks i never thought about thoes ones, now to see what they are in canadian
  4. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

they have all the parts for them including cases drives whatever u need for it.
  5. canadian_divx

6. canadian_divx

thoes look really good, i did some e-mailing to see what the prices are going to be in total, but other than that does anyone know waht one is better for this stuff, celeron or duron?
  7. for a simple workstation, i get Intel grg boards a celeron 1.7 or so, 256 meg, 40 gig box and all whole mess for well under $300

i get the boards for about $30 new hunt around deals can be had

all good parts, very stable and more than fast enough for web, email and office stuff:happy:
  8. canadian_divx

ok cool thnaks for the info