New newegg

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by zeke_mo, Apr 19, 2005.

1. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

http://www2.newegg.com/

Looks like newegg has a new public beta web site. It looks pretty cool, maybe I will test it out :D

2. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

I like the look. Now if only I had $ to blow to test it. :p

3. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

4. zeke_mo

VenomXt, if you dont buy that 4000+, little garden gnomes will come to your house and eat your cat

5. Kush

Kush High On Life!

its nice i saw it, but thats not what attracts me to newegg, its just an amazing site/online shop. always get my electronics from it even if theres a couple of dollars difference between another store

6. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

you need a 3500+ the 4000+ is a waste of money as is the entire FX line :D

7. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

Get the 4000, its worth it. You will be set for a while... wont need to upgrade like everyone else that has a 3500 or lower. Especially if you have/are going to have a Sli setup... Sli setups require more CPU power. If you short change yourself with a lowend cpu then you are only shooting your GPU potential in the foot.

Oh, and the site looks nice. Reminds me of Essential Computers before they dissapeared. :(

8. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Oooooo, XFX GeForce 6600GT AGP $159.00 after $30.00 mail in rebate.

Now there's my test. :)

9. LPDad

LPDad OSNN Addict

Hell, with all the $$ I have already spent there I should be considered a major investor. :devious:

10. ShepsCrook

ShepsCrook Red Sox Fan!

The 4000 isn't worth it. Not with Rev. E processors coming soon. With Rev. E you have a chance of getting a dual core processor. Save the cash, get a 3700 Rev. E with 1mb cache.

11. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

I got to see the new site about a month ago, since I been a customer of thiers for about two years, they gave me special prevs lol .. It is a nice site, I love it .

12. vivid_vibe

vivid_vibe OSNN Senior Addict

Beta test is over apparently. The makeover is in full effect.

13. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

REv E processors are going to be higher overclockers and be better in general as are most revisions of AMD 64 processors

14. melon

melon MS-DOS 2.0 Political User

Wait for the dual core AMDs to come out. One of them is supposed to be a 4800+. :p

I tell you. The next time I build a computer (probably no earlier than 2006), it will probably be uber-fast and blow away my 2400+!

Melon

15. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

I just went from a 2400+ to a 4000+ and let me tell you... WOHOO!!! Its insane. I was gonna wait for the E3 revision San Diego Core... but They wernt gonna make it to market for another month or so, and the preliminary prices seemed to be way more expensive. After wanting to build this rig for a year... I just couldnt wait one more month :p Although in hind sight... I probably should have. Oh well.

16. zeke_mo

I ordered a SLi Deluxe monday, they are still messing around and havent shipped it yet. They used to be so fast. Maybe there is a problem with their site?

17. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

i dont have a cat... but god help them if they touch riely (my new black lab) and i have decided to wait for a dual core. Revision E as you call it.. if i wait long enough then.. i can have better and better...

Upgrade time is coming in May (end of it) i will be building a completely new rig. and you will all input.. hehe