New motherboard

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Comptech, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Comptech

Comptech Guest

I am building a new system for myself and am now running a Abit TH7-2 board with a 1.7 p4. I was looking at abit's site and saw there new IT7 board. My question is will the proccessor run as fast with a 84e chipset with DDR memory? I know my PC800 is faster than ddr, but with improved technology is the new 845 worthwhile? Also can anybody tell me about the card reader feature on this board? Thanks in advance, Nick

2. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

I recently returned my Abit board along with a friends because it went out on us. I have a FIC AN11 RAID now. Still building the PC so if it's any good, I'll let you know.

3. Diseased

Diseased Guest

I recently purchased a Abit kx7-333R, it ran fine for a whole day before it crashed and blue screened on every startup. Then gave me video memory low (GF4) Now the raid isnt workin so I couldnt even boot windows....So the oldy is back in.

4. Syrus

Syrus OSNN Addict

well u do realise that some abit mobos dont like certain heatsinks and if its a Abit KR7A and u have a coolmaster super heat pipe it will burn the capacitors out.
    So if that is or was the case then its ur own fault!

5. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

my friend has that exact board (with raid) and we both use coolermaster hhc-001's (with heat pipes). he hasn't had any problems. i've even made sure that the pipes aren't damaging anything, though they are gently nudging a capacitor or 2 aside.

6. Syrus

Syrus OSNN Addict

u bent them away and insulated the pipes or what?

7. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

nah, pipes aren't insulated and they're still touching the capacitor(s)... i just never see any damage to them.