Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by tibboh, Sep 12, 2003.

1. tibboh

tibboh Arte et Marte

My daughter wishes to become a member (at long last) but as I used her 'puter to access this site when I was building my new machine, it automatically defaults to my user name.

I thought be simply 'logging out' my user name on her computer, she would be able to log in as new member, but this does not happen. As i do not want to loose my account details, would disabling the browser board cookies on her computer allow her to do a clean log on?

Sounds simple enough - but it was late when I tried, an the brain was not at its best.

Regards

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Try cleaning out temp internet files, history etc, then come back here.

3. tibboh

tibboh Arte et Marte

Thanxs hipster - wiil co

4. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

What browser are you using? If Mozilla just create a new profile and each of you can still use the same browser but each has their profile and such.

If you are using a new computer now and she is using the one that you originally joined here with just clean out all the temp internet files, history and so on as Hipster said.

But with Mozilla once she creates her own profile (this is if the both of you are still usin the same computer), she can set the properties of the browser and the cookies and she can just sign in and when you use the browser and use your profile it will still remember your info... as long as ya don't clear out all the cookies and temp files. :D

5. tibboh

tibboh Arte et Marte

Thanxs gonaads

6. tibboh

tibboh Arte et Marte

Nope - cleared alll temp internet files on 'puter and cleared the cookies on here, but it will always have me 'logged in' as user.

She really wants to use this forum for discussions/help, but I cannot see how to get her logged in, short of remormatting her hard drive. Is the system not designed to allow 2 users different profiles using the same computer?

tibboh

7. Terrahertz

Terrahertz Extinction Agenda Political User Folding Team

If you cleaned out your cookies then it should have worked. Like gonaads asked, what browser are you using? Try running ad aware or spybot that may help.

8. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

If you are usin XP just create a seperate account (user) on the computer. This way there is one for you and one for your daughter. They will be totally seperate from each other in all respects including web browser activity.

If you are both using the same computer account and say that you are using IE then it will not distinguish between the two of you.

Just have two seperate accounts on the computer... one for you and one for her. :)

She can then log on as her and do whatever on the web including becoming a member here :D then when she is done just log off and then you can log on as you and do as you do.

9. coathanger007

coathanger007 Tomorrow Tweaking Today

Think you didn't clean up properly. Just use AE Cleandisk 2002 freeware to clean up everything is the easiest option short of creating a completely new user.