New Egg Vs Tigerdirect

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by lancer, Feb 26, 2005.

1. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

Ok i have always bought from tigerdirect, but tonight i thought, "hey i'll look at these items on newegg", and low and beyond the total price for all the items i was looking at where $200 cheaper with tax and shipping.

All i can say is i'm switching to newegg, maybe i'll look at tigerdirect some times, but god damn if new is cheaper.

Just had to share this.

2. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Yeah not only is newegg cheaper sometimes BUT more important to me is the speed they ship. Even w/ standard shipping they have my order on my doorstep in 3-4 days tops (I've had stuff in shorter time).

3. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

If you want really good deals on stuff then TigerDirect is good like if you get the their email deals there are deals there are really good otherwise shop around

4. ShepsCrook

ShepsCrook Red Sox Fan!

Yeah, occassionally Tiger Direct has some really good deals. Newegg has some pretty good prices generally. But it seems recently, their prices have been going up. I think they are trying to cover the cost of their new site design they are working on.

5. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

Yeah, Newegg's prices have gone up slightly but there service is next to none. SO fast.
    I miss Essential Computers (www.essencompu.com) they had some great deals and free shipping. Great site layout and the whole 9 yards.... they just dissapeared one day, broke my heart. :(

6. CHiLLaXen

CHiLLaXen hypnotika

Yea, I buy from newegg all the time. I also go to www.zipzoomfly.com. ZZF has very good deals with free 2day shipping.

7. bush dogg

bush dogg OSNN Senior Addict Political User

Yep Newegg is where I buy from alot anymore there fast and it's in stock
    " what I order anyway" Tiger is getting slow and the prices aren't that good anymore.

One place I like to buy software from now (just ordered another XP pro Disk and had it in two days) is Vio software. I have never had a problem with Vio in three year I have delt with them.

Vio

8. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

Another convert. heh.

9. ShepsCrook

ShepsCrook Red Sox Fan!

My main sites are:
    Newegg.com
    Monarchcomputers.com
    I am starting to like ZipZoomFly.com
    And I've purchased from svc.com

10. vivid_vibe

vivid_vibe OSNN Senior Addict

Newegg all the way.

11. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

zipzoomfly all the way. I used them way before I even heard of newegg.com, but way back then they were called googlegear.com and had to change their name to zipzoomfly for the obvious legal reasons. Almost all of their stuff is sent Free 2nd day. Takes less time for them to pack the stuff and less time for it to arrive. Newegg has more of a selection but zipzoomfly doesn't have the price fluctuations newegg has and more often than not has prices cheaper than newegg.com.

I use Newegg but will always choose zipzoomfly first. Tigerdirect could be the spawn of satan as far as I'm concerned

12. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

i have spent close to 5 grand on newegg. and if i can will spend another 5 in the years. they are the best.

13. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

If I have to mail order I go to newegg.

But, I haven't mail ordered in a year. Between Compusa, Frye's, Best Buy, Office Max, Office Depot and Staples I can always beat the mail order deals locally. Someone will always put what I need on sale within 2 weeks. And no return / exchange hassles.

14. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

Nothing will beat newegg.com, the place rox. I bought all my stuff from them and never had a problem. They are very prompt and on the ball. They waste no time :)

I think to date I probably spent close to 2,000.00 from them .....

15. vivid_vibe

vivid_vibe OSNN Senior Addict

I've spent nearly 2500.00 at Newegg.com.