New Dent Icons

Goatman

Ska Daddy
I have a new set of Dent icons, but I have no way to post them... anyone got any ideas?? if you want some icons made for you, tell me the apps, games and whatnot you want, and I will make 'em for you...

yeah pls post a screenshot of them, I wanna see :p

I don't have any webspace to post one, I made one, but I can't post it

Take a screen shot and attach to your post.

I Icons i personally would like to see:

1. MSN
2. DIVX (Playa)
3. Nero or Nero Runner
4. Power DVD
5. Adobe Photoshop 7

Thanks man!

SO far so GOOD!!!:D :cool: :cool: :D

I would like a dent icon for Microsoft Links 2001 if possible. Many thanks in advance

Question

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but help me out if you can.

I have used the tutorial, but can't figure out one thing:

When you need to insert the icon image into the dent template, where do you get that icon? All the icons for my apps are just linked to the .exe file... where can I find the .gif or .ico?

THANKS!!

:)

1. Get ResHacker and fire it up.

2. Using Reshacker, browse to the exe file you wanna get the icon from and open it up in Reshacker.

3. Now there should be a hierarchial menu with stuff like Icon, Icon Group, Gif, etc.

4. Click on the plus besides 'Icon' and there should be a series of numbers beneath 'Icon' click on one of the number's and Reshacker will show the icon.

5. With the icon you want selected, go to Action>Save Icon

6. Then you either needIconbuilder XP or Gif Movie Gear for Icons. Iconbuilder XP is a Photoshop filter which lets you open up icons in Photoshop. But it only allows you to use 48x48 sized icons in XP. So if you wanna make big icons, go with Gif Movie Gear for Icons. However, both are trials.

Good Luck,

o_87 ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by -[xs]-mirage
I Icons i personally would like to see:

1. MSN
2. DIVX (Playa)
3. Nero or Nero Runner
4. Power DVD
5. Adobe Photoshop 7

Thanks man!

SO far so GOOD!!!

MSN, Power DVD, and Adobe Photoshop 7 you can get off of my site.(click on my sig) ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Job Goatman! Since you dont have any webspace, why dont you upload your icons to deviantart.com (they let you do it for free. All they ask is a screenshot of the icons, and that you register with them) and provide us the links to them?

:)

thanks

Originally posted by o_87
1. Get ResHacker and fire it up.

2. Using Reshacker, browse to the exe file you wanna get the icon from and open it up in Reshacker.

3. Now there should be a hierarchial menu with stuff like Icon, Icon Group, Gif, etc.

4. Click on the plus besides 'Icon' and there should be a series of numbers beneath 'Icon' click on one of the number's and Reshacker will show the icon.

5. With the icon you want selected, go to Action>Save Icon

6. Then you either needIconbuilder XP or Gif Movie Gear for Icons. Iconbuilder XP is a Photoshop filter which lets you open up icons in Photoshop. But it only allows you to use 48x48 sized icons in XP. So if you wanna make big icons, go with Gif Movie Gear for Icons. However, both are trials.

Good Luck,

o_87 ;)

Thanks man. I think I will use GIF movie Gear, but can you mive me a quick 1,2,3 on what do from the time I use reshacker & save icon to how I use GIF movie gear to get it into the dent template?

THANKS

Also...

when I use system properties to increase the size of my desktop icons, it makes my Start Menu & Save Prompt Icons HUGE...

is there another way to increase the desktop icons and keep the rest deafult size?

THNAKS!!

EC

the only way around that is, by changing to classic start menu.. :(

1. Start up Gif Movie Gear
2. Go to File>Open, browse to your icon, and open it up
3. You'll see the different sizes for your icon in Gif Movie Gear now.
4. Select the size you want, and go to File>Export As>Photoshop PSD
5. Now you need to fire up Photoshop. Open up the icon's PSD and you should see the different icon sizes all packed in one PSD in layers.
6. Choose the layer which has the size you want to transfer to the Dent Icon.
7. Carry on with the Dent Icon Tutorial.

;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back