New Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW

Still awaiting a price drop before ordering my second.

I don't like the UK

I am trying to get to Dell UK.

If I do, I'll let you know :D

Sazar said:
You have to pay state tax because we have a physical presence in every state :(

Wrt shipping, typically software/peripheral items over about 70 or 80 dollars, depending on the promo, usually qualify for free shipping. Some smaller items like ink cartridges do so as well.

Don't forget to post some pics when you get the baby :)

Hmm I didnt know this, good to know... (about state tax)

The coupon didnt say free shipping, but like I mentioned she prob wanted me to feel better....

I'll post pics as soon as she is up and running still over a week before she even ships :dead:

Here are the photos of my 2405FPW as promised I put WOW on the screen, since I didnt want my lame A$$ desktop to be shown...

When I first got the monitor I removed all desktop items, and then rotated the desktop from all black to all red to all white, and I found NO DEAD PIXELS... WOO HOOO....

mlakrid said:
Here are the photos of my 2405FPW as promised I put WOW on the screen, since I didnt want my lame A$$ desktop to be shown...

When I first got the monitor I removed all desktop items, and then rotated the desktop from all black to all red to all white, and I found NO DEAD PIXELS... WOO HOOO....
Looks awesome! I'm using a dual 18" LCD setup here at work, and I love the amount of work space. Can you imagine how sweet it would be to have two of those 2405FPW's side-by-side? :D

P.S. Those speakers are Altec Lansings, aren't they? I have the same set in one of the rooms at home. :)

Wow. Your desk is a perfect fit for that monster. I have the 1905 at work and I love it so I'm certain the 2405 would be heaven.

i'd even be happy with the 2005FPW at this point..... and probably also because the 2405FPW wouldn't fit on my desk. right now i'm stuck with a SyncMaster 175v that seems like it's about to kick the bucket cause there's now quite a bit of backlight seeping at the edges of the screen. easily noticable when the screen is black.

Mlakrid: maybe a picture of the 2405FPW with WoW on the screen might be more to drool at if the 2 pictures where it's more easily visible weren't taken with a flash causing a HUGE white spot right near the middle of the screen. pretty monitor though. if you're ever getting rid of that thing...... u can donate to me. :) sure i could find a nice home for it.

mlakrid said:

You need a bigger desk :D

NetRyder said:
Looks awesome! I'm using a dual 18" LCD setup here at work, and I love the amount of work space. Can you imagine how sweet it would be to have two of those 2405FPW's side-by-side? :D
P.S. Those speakers are Altec Lansings, aren't they? I have the same set in one of the rooms at home. :)

OH YEA 2 of them?? You kidding? I would love it, BUT... as you can see no more room LOL!!

ANd yes they are Altec Lansings :) thinking about upgrading to the new Altec Lansing set with the headset plug in up front... I hate having to disconnect my speakers to plug the headset in...

:D

mlakrid said:
OH YEA 2 of them?? You kidding? I would love it, BUT... as you can see no more room LOL!!

ANd yes they are Altec Lansings :) thinking about upgrading to the new Altec Lansing set with the headset plug in up front... I hate having to disconnect my speakers to plug the headset in...

:D

Why not just get a splitter?

Price of these has actually gone up in the UK! By about £300 if I recall (that's roughly $600 increase). Nuts.

muzikool said:
Why not just get a splitter?

They have a splitter for this?

Im confused

Speakers ---> One Input Head set ----> One input for speakers
----> One Input for Microphone

So If I undertsnad this right.....

YOu would have --->(speaker input) piggie backed ---> headset input -->PC
and.... Microphone --->PC

IS this correct??

Thanks!

Pretty significant drop there. Maybe it will be down more by the time you're ready to buy it.

Well here's hoping. Will need to re-organise my desk for it all, unless I have them both in portrait mode :D

SPeedY_B said:
Well here's hoping. Will need to re-organise my desk for it all, unless I have them both in portrait mode :D

Then you could have 3! :laugh:

Believe me, I've considered it. I just don't want to buy a PCI graphics card now, when I'll be able to get a lovely PCI-X card in the next PowerMac that I buy (Intel based, naturally ;)).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back