New Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW

Wow nice pic Speedy..
Rep+
Just out of curisosity have you played HL2? Im playing it now about 1/2 way through, wanted to know which you thought was better!
I might think about getting me a bigger screen although my 19 works fine, and unless I get my other PC working again my G/F would KILL me if I bought another toy before I got my bedroom suit bought :(

I've not actually placed FarCry (I didn't take that pic), enjoyed HL2 though :) so can't really compare the two :)

that samsung monitor again is garbage. Ghosting would be horrible. 25ms response time is subpar.

After reading the other sticky posts on forums i looked through the other posts and it seems the jury is out with most games and i cant find anything supporting farcry anywhere on google with absolute results.

I dunno, i still couldnt justify spending 2500 dollars for what seemingly looks like a mediocre at best improvement if any.

Did you even look at the links that I provided.

You really need to stop with the negativity.

I agree... if you dont think you will like the monitor, fine dont buy one, go bother someone elses post. you have YOUR opinion, you posted it, we read it... now go bother someone else...

Also, if you THINK this is a horrible monitor, go ask your local shop who HAS one to try your fav FPS BEFORE you go off flaming away...

now you have MY opinion about YOUR opinion.. and we all know how opinions are just like A-holes....

Uhhh... Shouldnt you be doing your Happy Dance when it gets there, and you know its in great shape and not before? Im ONLY saying that because when the TNT2 Video cards first came out I went and ordered one, and when it got to me, it wasnt working ..
:(

It can be replaced if there's anything wrong with it here, I trust Dell's support enough to not be worried about if it's damaged/exploded when it arrives :)

Received a call from the courier this morning actually, they just wanted to confirm that delivery would be Ok for tomorrow, spiffy.

SWEET.. Grats man.. If I wasnt moving in with the G/F I would buy one tomorrow. I got to save money for a head and footboard... Who needs'em? She is insisting... ARGH.. I got enough $$ to buy 2

DROOOL!!!

:D

P.S. How farawar is Menwith Hill or Molesworth? Im thinking about taking a position there with my company, if I can get the G/F to consider it

Molesworth's about 90 miles from where I am. Good hour and a half drive away at least. :)

LordOfLA said:
alot of games store the x & y resolutions in an ini file - all it takes is a quick hack and voila there you go.
You and Speedy B are right that most games can be hacked or fixed to fit about any resolution. Also, newer games being released in the coming months are going to have built-in options that support these new display formats.

:dead: I guess one particular person here doesn't have the neccessary skills or talent to figure this out....I think you all know who I'm refering too...choo choo!.:rolleyes:

SPeedY_B said:
Received a call from the courier this morning actually, they just wanted to confirm that delivery would be Ok for tomorrow, spiffy.
:eek:

NetRyder your just jealous

laugh.gif

Hehe

Grats Speedy!

Hey NetRyder,

Where do I find the Dell rebates to see if I can get this monitor for cheap? (relatively speaking of course) I figured out I can skew the image on my monitor and my G/F will never know the difference.. Hehe I can say: "Honey, my monitor is borken, I HAD TOO..." hehe

:D

No pics, my camera's gone back to Sony for repairs. Can resort to iSight and phone cam though.. heh :D

anyone here have one yet ???
biggest question i have is, how many dead/stuck pixel's have you found on this new LCD ?

Don't think any of the forum regulars have one yet. Dave (SPeedY_B) should be getting his very soon though.

OT: Looks like we have an Evil Homer and an Evil Marge on OSNN now. :p

NetRyder said:
OT: Looks like we have an Evil Homer and an Evil Marge on OSNN now. :p

Now we can have a tv show :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back