New Core 2 Duo - Q few q's ??

I only got this thing a few days ago so I should be able to return it. I can't get the levels very high before experiencing problems again. They are set to VERY low at the moment. My GPU memory speeds are fine actually, it's just the core speed that I've had to change - from 575 to 375Mhz.

Also, what should be PCI-express voltage be set to?

Last edited:
Ok well I've sent my 7600GT back for replacement and in the meantime I'm using my bro's spare X300SE card, which, although excrutiatingly slow, runs without any glitches.

I'll post back when my new card arrives.

Odds are it was just a bad GPU or the HSF wasn't installed properly. Sadly, it happens even with the best brands.

My 9800 PRO had a glued on heatsink fall off as I was installing it for the first time. I glued it back on, used it for 3 years and sold it to my boss 3 months ago, still running fine.

Those $0.50 a day Asian laborers are worth every penny they get paid. :)

Get in!!!!!

After all that hassle it turns out the graphics card was knackered! Oh I'm so pleased :)

This thing goes like a bullet now!

Ahh, a success story. We need to see someone win one once and while. :)

Just look at the fuss that graphics card caused me! I'm just reading through a few of my old posts (very quiet day at work) and I shuddered when I came to this one. Lordy, the stress I went through trying to fix my dual-core problem when it was actually a faulty graghics card! Argh!!

Feels so good to have resolved it now though :)

Ray

I'll never buy another factory overclocked vid card. The one i had died after 11 months. GPUs are too fragile to torture test. Which really annoys me since evga and xfx seem obligated to overclock every card they offer.

I know how you feel. I remember 4 months of stability hell that finally disappeared when I upgraded my sound card of all things. Nice to be stable, well at least my computer is. ;)

My card is extremely OC'ed
And I've had it for over a year.
No problems at all so far: eVGA 7900 GT KO Superclocked

Sometimes you get lucky. I've seen over 5 "my factory oc'd card has artifact posts in the last few months. And that is with brand new cards.

Keep your fingers crossed Vanquished.

I haven't even bothered touching my cards oc'ing features.

It's happily folding away for me :cool:

I agree with the above posts about not overclocking video cards if it's in a computer you are using for anything other than just benchmarking and it's a card you are willing to throw away. I haven't oc'd any of my video cards since I ruined an almost new 5950 Ultra several years ago. The guys that I know that do a lot of overclocking video cards purely for benchmarking competitions and such go to great lengths cooling their cards.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back