New Audigy 2 and Audigy 2 ZS Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Goatman, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Goatman

Goatman Ska Daddy

This update contains additional features and fixes to improve the performance of your Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 or Audigy 2 ZS series audio card.

Fixes

* Resolves the issue of THX® Setup Console resetting to default values whenever it is launched.
    * Removes noise and distortion when THX Setup Console is used.
    * Synchronizes the settings between EAX® ADVANCED HD™ and Creative Graphic Equalizer.
    * Enables MIDI device name display in Windows® Multimedia Device and SoundFont® Bank Manager.
    * Enables the activation of imported EAX effect presets.
    * Resolves the audio mute issue that is encountered when certain EAX effect presets are activated.
    * Resolves the system stall issue that is encountered when rewinding or fast-forwarding DTS®-encoded audio CDs, on external DVD players that are playing back through your audio card.
    * Enhances the performance of PC games that use native OpenAL API extensions.

Drivers

2. devynal

devynal The Idiot Circus Boy

Hrmph~

I get no sound with these new drivers. :confused:

3. indyjones

indyjones OSNN.net Adventurer

I think i will avoid them as I had problems with the previous drivers decreasing the sound volume too much pain in the ass for movies

4. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

wierd, it's fixed all the issues i had, especially the EAX sounds missing.

5. Goatman

Goatman Ska Daddy

They seem to work well for me

6. indyjones

Has anybody had dvd playback problems with powerdvd and multispeaker mode with these?

7. apu95

apu95 Caffeine-->Code Converter

dvd playback in powerdvd? nope....i watched the last samurai yesterday with DTS on and multispeaker on and it worked like a charm
    im guessing u didnt have this problem b4 upgrading right?

8. indyjones

sorry just changed them and its still doing it so its not these drivers. Have no idea whats doing it as I said its fine in 2 speaker mode but as soon as I change to 6.1 or 5.1 it messes up :(