New antivirus?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Tavi, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Tavi

Tavi OSNN One Post Wonder

Hi!:) Do you know something about UNA?People advised me to visite the official site. I've found it, but before installation I'd like to see your point of view.Probably, somebody used it?

2. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Why does this smell edited?

*sniff sniff* It reeks of edit. :p

3. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

snifffffffffff!!!!...anyway i never heard of it or tried it well i guess i couldnt of tried it if i never heard of it lol :p.

4. gonaads

Weeeell, did anyone edit the above mentioned post?

5. tdinc

tdinc █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User

I have tested about 90% of the Anti-virus soft out there including "UNA"
    Very Buggy, Detection rate is poor on our test rig. Stay clear of this one. There are free anti-virus programs out there that are far more reliable out there and they are free. If you want to use a anti-virus, I reccommend AVG or Avast.

my two-cents :)

6. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

No, it wasn't edited by anybody. Why?

7. Bliss77

Bliss77 OSNN One Post Wonder

HI!!!
    This Anti-Virus is rather new. I haven't used it yet. what i know is that in the end of February a test was held and UNa took the 3-d place, detecting 38539 viruses. Looks rather promising. At the first place is Kaspersky.
    So if it proves to be good and reliable i will replace my Kaspersky with Una. Actually, i am very disappointed about KAspersky.
    well, lets see....

8. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

w.t.f. is UNA?

You would not like my point of view it will be offensive.

9. Tavi

Tavi OSNN One Post Wonder

You really want to help here???....it was a rhetoric question to gonaads, for example:suprised: Thanks, Lee and Bliss77, for your opinion:)

10. Toastermax

Toastermax OSNN One Post Wonder

11. rotjong

rotjong Moderator

I've not heard of this anti-virus. I'll have to check it out. I've been through a lot of diff ones over the years and compared them.

I loved Kaspersky for ages but... they are starting to disappoint me. I'm very happy with Eset NOD32 atm. I always have redundancies for on-demand scanning, though: Kaspersky, F-Prot, AVG Free and The Cleaner.

rotjong

12. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

13. sean.ferguson

sean.ferguson Moderator Folding Team

Bliss and Tavi, sorry but you sound like spammers. No offence, its just too coincidental.

14. gonaads

Heh heh, Lee is like that. If ya ignore him, he'll go away. *I wish* (small itty bitty joke) :p

Anyway, Tavi, UNA is another in a list of Antivirus proggies comin out of the "what use to be "Soviet Union", made by Unasoft.

UNA(Ukrainian National Antivirus)

Any way this proggy has not rated well.

Read: http://www.virusbtn.com/magazine/archives/200402/comparatives/unasoft.xml

More of the same: http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archives/products.xml?unasoft.xml

Her is something else about it: http://www.westcoastlabs.org/cm-av-products.asp?Comp_ID=38&Cat_ID=1.

Screenshot