NetRyder testified....

I still need to check this application out, but not just yet :)
Can it search emails?

NetRyder said:
There's nothing wrong with complaining. Complaining is good if you couple it with constructive suggestions for improvement. On the other hand, just saying "it sucks" (or something more subtle but just as pointless) doesn't help anyone - it doesn't make your problem go away, and it doesn't give the software vendor in question any feedback so that they can improve their product.

This isn't aimed at either of you, by the way. Just responding to the topic of complaining about software in general. :)

Oh...

O.K.

*shuts down targeting Sat*

to be hinest I think its interfiering with my normal IMAP operations, shall have to kill its processes and see how outlook gets on. HAving said that it had BETA plasted all over the place so its not exactly going to come as a surprise if it is. Having said that though using *ahem* copies of xp and office 2003 I'm just going to have to put up with it or not use it.

However maybe one of you lot can run it alongside outlook 2003 using an imap server and see if outlook claims something just "stopped" using the personal folders file and its not going to work anymore till you restart it - if you do I anticipate it'll be a day or two before it pops up since msn desktop search takes a while to index the pc.

I remember reading something similar, Lord. I'll look for it and get back to you. :)

Will definatly have to check it out.
Nothing more frustrating than having to dig out old usernames and passwords after a reformat -- tho hopefully one of those won't happen for a few months now!

Thanks! Thats exactly the issue I'm having I'll keep an eye on that one.

Makes me happy to see this thread cool down :)

Posted this in frontpage comments, but does this fix any bugs or did they just mark it final?

Xie, there are a huge number of changes in this build - bugfixes, new features, significantly faster indexing, and a refreshed UI.

LordOfLA said:
sweet will try it later :)
Seems like the IMAP bug has been fixed as well. :)

Kudos to the MSN team - they really listened to a lot of the feedback we shared with them at the MSN Search Champs events and have produced a very competitive offering. I’ve written about the Outlook issues I’ve had with virtually every desktop search application in my IMAP environment. In more than three weeks of testing this release, I have had no conflicts or issues with my mail server! I can finally retire Lookout and use a single search tool across my entire system.
http://office.weblogsinc.com/entry/1234000677043519/

NetRyder said:
Xie, there are a huge number of changes in this build - bugfixes, new features, significantly faster indexing, and a refreshed UI.
Ok. :)

Just turn on the "Prioritize Indexing" option and you have realtime indexing when you add, modify or delete files, emails etc. Lovely. :)

NetRyder said:
Just turn on the "Prioritize Indexing" option and you have realtime indexing when you add, modify or delete files, emails etc. Lovely. :)

You sound like a Microsoft sales person :p

How am I "selling" anything? It's a free app. :D
I do the same thing for most other apps that I like too. You read my blog...you should already know that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back